Hey all!
    Android newbie here.

I hope someone can answer these questions.
    I've rooted my phone, installed a customer kernel to enable the htc one logo to act as a menu button, installed titanium backup and rom manager.

Now I've done a full backup using both rom manager and titanium back up (not sure if it was necessary).

I'd like to install roms like MIUI on the phone.
    Since the HTC one doesn't have an external SD card (my version anyway), will I be able to have multiple roms?

If not, although I've done a backup of the phone, if I flash a new rom using Rom manager, will my backups be safe (since they're stored internally)?

Or will I have to copy the files to my pc first then move the backup back?

So to be clear. After doing a backup, if I were to install trick droid or MIUI directly through the phone using rom manager, will my backup be safe so I can revert to the way my phone originally was (files, apps, Etc...)

A second question is, since I have the custom kernel, if I install MIUI will that remove it? (Causing me to lose the htc menu button)?

Thanks!
    07-01-2013 03:37 PM
    When you're in the custom recovery and you choose to install a ROM, it'll ask you whether you want to install without wiping the SD card or install after wiping the SD card, you can choose the latter and your data will NOT be affected, as in music, downloads folder, pictures, backups, etc. The only things that will be deleted are the system, applications, settings and such.

Some things that may 'format' (key word being format) your SD card are choosing to format SD card (format, not wipe, they're different) in recovery, installing a RUU and unlocking bootloader (some claim it doesn't, but it did so for me).
    07-01-2013 03:59 PM
    Thanks
    07-03-2013 02:25 PM