Did I get a used or return stock phone from AT&T? Help!

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys! Just a quick question.. Might be a waste for asking but here it goes. I got my new black htc one last Sunday. The next day at work I noticed that one of the capacitive buttons was not lighting up. Being anxious, I went to the closest AT&T store by my job, it's still a corporate store. I showed them the problem and would gladly exchange it for me for another one. My question is when they pulled the new phone out of the box it did not have the screen protector like the first one did on it that says, "texting and driving can wait. It was missing. He had to keep the box though because I had the original one from the defective unit at home. I didn't get a chance to see if the charger or headphones were wrapped in plastic. Does At&t sell say return stock phones if someone does not like and returns it before the return policy? The phone is flawless with not a scratch on it. But wanted to make sure my phone is new not used. I know they charge a $35 restocking fee. What does that mean. ? Do they put it back on the shelf or do they send it back to AT&T as a refurbished? Thanks guys just curious.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Club Paradise

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Impossible to know, did the box not have cellophane wrapping on when you saw it?
You should have just collected the box and accessories for yours and done a straight swap for a sealed one
I'd expect it will be new but if the plastic wrapping was missing could be a returned unit

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
The phones are scanned before ever turning get them on, via the box... I doubt you got a used one. Possible, but doubtful considering they are relatively new... In a year, a RTS is much more likely

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
It's also likely they went to sell it and got a little anxious and took the wrapping off before the customers debit card got declined and couldn't make the sale.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys. I will just not worry about it. The one is flawless. I'll just keep it. It's awesome... I'm sure sometime down the road I'll need a replacement anyway.. Lol

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03