So I've had my one for a while now and I love it. But last week it started doing some weird stuff. When it's plugged in, it'll charge, but i cant use any apps. It'll start them, force close them, and start them again. If one manages to stay open and it's an app that uses a keyboard-like messaging-it automatically turns to landscape. Also, I get about 2 seconds of my ringtone playing randomly every few minutes. When it's not plugged in, it'll randomly turn on car mode while it's in my pocket. So I call people I didn't mean to call and so on. I performed a factory reset two days ago and it's still doing the same thing. Phone isn't rooted and there isn't a launcher running. Any help is appreciated!
    07-04-2013 04:45 PM
    Take it back and show the person who you bought it from.. You're the first person to mention this on here

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    07-04-2013 04:53 PM
    So I've had my one for a while now and I love it. But last week it started doing some weird stuff. When it's plugged in, it'll charge, but i cant use any apps. It'll start them, force close them, and start them again. If one manages to stay open and it's an app that uses a keyboard-like messaging-it automatically turns to landscape. Also, I get about 2 seconds of my ringtone playing randomly every few minutes. When it's not plugged in, it'll randomly turn on car mode while it's in my pocket. So I call people I didn't mean to call and so on. I performed a factory reset two days ago and it's still doing the same thing. Phone isn't rooted and there isn't a launcher running. Any help is appreciated!
    This seems odd and abnormal - especially if a factory reset did not fix it. If you can return it - hurry and do so! If you can't - hopefully someone can chime in with something that may help.
    07-04-2013 05:00 PM
    bought it online from staples....do i take it back to them or do i take it to sprint?
    07-04-2013 05:03 PM
    I would try Staples first and see what they say. If they don't give you an answer you want to hear, go to Sprint. If you have insurance you'll either get a new one or refurbished and if you don't, it will be going back to hTc for repair/replace either through them or yourself. Either way, you're going to get a new phone.
    Jimmy Ford likes this.
    07-04-2013 05:35 PM