I have taken about 200 pictures with my HTC One. I usually move them to my computer after taking and then delete them from my phone (or so I thought). I was using Astro File Manager today and found a folder called pictures that contained a thumbnail of every photo I had ever taken. Also in the folder were what looked like thumbnails belonging to some apps such as Go SMS skins, etc. I deleted everything in the folder, but my question is how did they get there in the first place? I have quickpic installed in addition to the regular gallery app. Does the regular gallery app or quickpic generate a thumbnail in addition to the actual photo and is there a setting to prevent them from doing so? This is double work to delete the pictures from the app and also have to later search for them in the phone storage.
    07-05-2013 10:16 PM
    Does the regular gallery app or quickpic generate a thumbnail
    Yes.

is there a setting to prevent them from doing so
    Unlikely. Perhaps if you use a file manager in "details" mode, with no thumbs you might get away with having a thumb-free environment. I can sympathize, I hate these, because they usually stay behind when the pics are deleted. Perhaps once the pics are deleted, going to the task manager and Clearing the Gallery or Album app will clean it out, but I have not tried it. I clean-up manually.
    htcrazy likes this.
    07-05-2013 10:35 PM
    Thanks. I'll just have to remember to do an occasional manual cleanup too. I had just assumed that deleting the photo from the phone would also delete any cached or hidden thumbnails.
    07-06-2013 11:04 AM