Issues post 4.2.2 installation

saalnaz

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Ok..im starting this:

I have just installed the 4.2.2. The 2 things. I noticed :

- i dont get the battery % info even though i deleted gsam and turned off and on
- the home button gesture is supposed to take you to menu. It,didnt happen. The other option where is prompts google now worked but not this option if you hold the home button it takes you to menu. Swiping up is fine. The double tapping of home works fine also.

What could be the problem?

saalnaz

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Ys. I noticed that aftrwards and i enabled it.
Thanks. But the issue remains with home button menu.
Otherwise, everthing is working fine. People were impatient to get 4.2.2 but 4.1.2 is actually good enough.

saalnaz

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Infact, i disabled the built in battery percentage icon and i re- enabled the gsam which i think is better and larger so easier to read.

saalnaz

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the video.
Duh...i feel stupid. I thought originally the menu key was to open up the new setting screen but its actually to get rid of the dark space in apps and open the old 3 dotted menu...boy...thanks for the video which clarified it...

So. Everything seems to be working fine as advertised.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Ya so try to actually research or fix, ask questions before starting a thread immediately after doing the upgrade.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

saalnaz

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Top gonzo...i didnt open the thread for the sake of solving the issues i had...the main reason was to create a thread where people would only use this thread to talk about issues post updating...and i inserted my concerns to start off the thread....

Its for everyone and not for me only...

rpba321

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
how long does it take for the installation to complete? on my phone, the installation was going through until the screen went blank and it is been like that for the past 20 mins or so...the screen is lit up but just blank...is this a problem? anyone experienced this?

saalnaz

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
it is indeed slow..it took 25-30 minutes or so for completion..had nothing to do with my internet connection as i down load other stuff at a good speed (1 MB per second)..

saalnaz

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
my biggest interest in the update was to find out if it actually improves the battery life.
They have added more tweaks in the battery settings I think (I'm not sure to be honest as I don't recall Messing with the battery setting in 4.1.2) than the older version. In any case, I didn't change much in the settings except that I reduced the screen brightness slightly.. I mean used to have it on maybe 75-80% and now I have it on something like 60-65%.
Surprisingly, I'm getting better battery life. It has boosted it by around 20 % I believe. No longer I have to charge it more than once a day with average use. I mean it used to give me around 3 hours of screen use and now it is closer to 4 hours with a single charge.
The initial notorious drain from 90-100% is slower.
So this is after testing it for several days from the time of the release of 4.2.2.
I'm not saying everyone should get the better results as there were people who were getting better results already with the older version and some were getting worse results so not sure what to expect from the others.
Personally, however, I'm quite satisfied with the new update as the battery was the biggest and probably the only concern I had with this phone.
And for most people to have the screen on for 3-4 hours, when you think of it, is a lot of hours in a day on a phone.. If you use your phone the old way where actually it's only used as a phone I'm sure you will get many more hours out of it.

Posted via Android Central App