I'm probably getting the One shortly, but just curious if there is a camera app that acts like the s4 camera? I mean like the filters and options for editing the pictures ect just the s4?

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app
    07-06-2013 09:40 PM
    I'm not going to say it's impossible to do, but I haven't seen any work on it. I'd ask over at XDA. They did manage to pull out the Sense camera apk and get it working on the Google Play edition phone.
    There are probably a lot of better tools on the Play Store to do what it is you want though. Stuff like Snapseed for example exceed the S4 camera editing functions in most people's eyes.
    07-06-2013 09:51 PM
    I think the Sense camera's editing features are more than enough but that's subjective. You'd have to try them yourself before you start thinking about getting the S4 camera on the One which is just impossible, however as mentioned above, any features on the S4 camera are probably available on third party applications on the Playstore.
    07-06-2013 10:13 PM
    I'm probably getting the One shortly, but just curious if there is a camera app that acts like the s4 camera? I mean like the filters and options for editing the pictures ect just the s4?

What in particular are you looking for? The HTC One matches and even exceeds the S4 in features, filters and editing options.

Sent from my HTC One :-)
    TarekElsakka likes this.
    07-07-2013 03:12 AM
    What in particular are you looking for? The HTC One matches and even exceeds the S4 in features, filters and editing options.

Sent from my HTC One :-)
    I agree Tom. The S4's camera GUI makes it look more "robust" but feature wise, they are just about the same. I think the One has it though because of Zoe's!
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    07-07-2013 05:28 AM

The One has a nice set of real-time filters in the camera app. You can see the filter in the live view before taking the photo and some of them have adjustments.

Editing options in the One's Gallery app are more than adequate. You can resize, straighten, rotate, auto adjustments and you can add more filters.

There are plenty of reviews for both camera apps. You can check them out before making your mind but the One has many of the settings the S4 has but they are not displayed like "scene modes" in the main view of the camera, except for the real-time filters button. There are plenty of settings in the options button.

There's one app I just discovered a few days ago. It's called Smoothie Photo Editor. It has the best interface and performance I've seen on the apps I've tried. These include Pixlr Express, Aviary, Pudding Camera, Snapseed, Fotor and others. Try it no matter what phone you choose in the end. It has a free lite version which has more than enough settings and filters and a paid version with even more things. This is now my main go-to app for photo editing
    07-07-2013 06:13 AM