GPS no longer showing in top bar

palanilopez12

May 25, 2010
Visit site
When I first got the phone my GPS indicator would show in the top bar. It didn't matter whether I had it on or off it should show up there. Now it doesn't show up at all. Does anyone else have this issue? I'm on AT&T.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Does GPS still work? If it does it's not an issue, it's a benefit. Mine only shows while I'm using an app that's using the GPS. If I have GPS on and am currently on the home screen, there won't be a GPS icon. If I enter Navigation the icon will appear. I wish the icon wouldn't be there at all. I do not require a notification for something I've toggled with NFC or by hand.

palanilopez12

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Does GPS still work? If it does it's not an issue, it's a benefit. Mine only shows while I'm using an app that's using the GPS. If I have GPS on and am currently on the home screen, there won't be a GPS icon. If I enter Navigation the icon will appear. I wish the icon wouldn't be there at all. I do not require a notification for something I've toggled with NFC or by hand.

Mine doesn't show up at all even when an app is using it. The reason I was asking was because I had left it on and didn't know, because it doesn't show in my top bar, and it was draining my battery

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Mine doesn't show up at all even when an app is using it. The reason I was asking was because I had left it on and didn't know, because it doesn't show in my top bar, and it was draining my battery

Do you know what apps you are currently running that uses gps?
Google maps,Google navigation?
Anyways.... Try force closing
Any of the apps you suspect that
Maybe using gps. Then try to re start that particular app?
If that doesn't work? Try rebooting your phone . I think one of
Your apps that is sleeping might be locking your gps up.

Sent from my Coconut Wireless HTC One

palanilopez12

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Do you know what apps you are currently running that uses gps?
Google maps,Google navigation?
Anyways.... Try force closing
Any of the apps you suspect that
Maybe using gps. Then try to re start that particular app?
If that doesn't work? Try rebooting your phone . I think one of
Your apps that is sleeping might be locking your gps up.

The only apps that are disabled are the pre-installed AT&T apps. I went ahead and enabled them all and re-started the phone. I turned on the GPS and although it does not show in the top taskbar it does work because I was able to use navigation without a problem. Not too sure if this is normal or not.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
The only apps that are disabled are the pre-installed AT&T apps. I went ahead and enabled them all and re-started the phone. I turned on the GPS and although it does not show in the top taskbar it does work because I was able to use navigation without a problem. Not too sure if this is normal or not.

How long have you had your phone? If you have just gotten your phone within say a month? I would take it back to at&t and have them check it out. Because the icon should appear when the gps is in use.
Btw, the satellite looking icon at the top is what your talking about right?
nuqybu7y.jpg