Mobile Data keeps disconnecting

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey there
I have noticed that ever since I updated to 4.2.2 my mobile data connection isn't as stable as it used to be (in the same spots). It would show H but it would not work (up and down arrows don't work) or just completely disconnect. Today it did something weird which is it kept switching from 3G to H like by the second back and forth back and forth and I fixed that by turning mobile data off and then on again.

Does anyone know why that could be happening? I also noticed it sometimes takes a very long time for the phone call to actually start ringing (when I'm dialing) and at others it just doesn't ring at all until I reboot. In fact that used to happen on some custom ROMs I had as well so I am not sure if it's a software or a hardware problem. Could it be a radio version thing?

Thanks

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
It could be. Someone over on XDA has a thread with all the HTC One radios. Maybe flash the most recent for your device and see if it helps. Other than that, maybe APN settings?

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. How would I find out which is the correct radio for my device and region? Is it the one stated in the hboot? And if so should I look for a radio with the same codes but perhaps a newer version? Sorry for all the questions but the issue happened twice before I replied now and it's extremely annoying. Sometimes the only thing besides rebooting that fixes it is manually selecting the network.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
The easiest way is to ask over there. I know .17 is the latest on AT&T. Not sure about the others. If you can't find out by later on tomorrow I'll delve into it for you. Working in the morning and have an appointment after work.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Nope I am fairly hesitant about flashing another radio because when I did that before, I ended up with "No Network" and "Emergency calls Only" messages and nothing worked except installing a RUU. I did PM the guy who posted the radios, though, with the problem I am facing and asked him which radio would work for me in Egypt, hopefully I'll receive a reply soon.