Okay, I have looked everywhere for this. The HTC Music app has a dropdown for 'Podcasts' but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get any on there and showing in this section. I CAN get podasts using DoubleTwist or other software, but not the HTC Music app itself. But why would they have a Podcast drop-down section if you cannot add them?

Does anyone have the answer to this?! It's driving me crazy!
    07-09-2013 07:06 AM
    Nobody have an answer to this? Jerry? Alex? Anyone?!
    07-10-2013 10:16 AM
    Is it possible that it has something to do with the way they are originally tagged? I know when I was synching podcasts to use in another app that some were showing up in the music app and some weren't. I wasn't using the music app for podcasts so I didn't look into it (and now my phone is off for repair) so I didn't look into it, but it might be info you can use.
    07-10-2013 10:20 AM
    I'd love to get this figured out as well. I'm currently using 4 apps to get all my music/podcasts/audio books which seems ridiculous.
    07-10-2013 10:24 AM
    Is it possible that it has something to do with the way they are originally tagged? I know when I was synching podcasts to use in another app that some were showing up in the music app and some weren't. I wasn't using the music app for podcasts so I didn't look into it (and now my phone is off for repair) so I didn't look into it, but it might be info you can use.
    It's a nice idea, but you cannot tag any audio as far as I know with HTC software. I will try my tag editing app and see if that does it, but I think it's a dead end. WHAT THE HELL IS THAT PODCAST PULLDOWN MENU FOR HTC?!!!!
    07-11-2013 05:03 PM
    Download Pocketcasts. It's worth having a separate app. And it's worth every cent.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-11-2013 05:59 PM
    I'll take a look, thanks Patrick, but I wish I could just have one app for everything. In fact, Google Play Music does this but it isn't great for keeping podcasts updated and sorted. I guess eventually it will though, and then I will be happy!

- - - Updated - - -

I'll take a look, thanks Patrick, but I wish I could just have one app for everything. In fact, Google Play Music does this but it isn't great for keeping podcasts updated and sorted. I guess eventually it will though, and then I will be happy!
    07-19-2013 05:47 PM
    If you load podcasts from iTunes, in HTC one music. They will all show in podcasts. I just copy and paste thru usb. On computer go to your iTunes podcast folder and copy and paste. Works way better than all sync programs.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
    robsawalker likes this.
    07-20-2013 03:17 PM
    Rich, sounds ace but are you doing this on windows? Because in OSX I can copy the podcasts fine but it wont let me paste onto the HTC One....
    08-02-2013 05:32 AM
    If you load podcasts from iTunes, in HTC one music. They will all show in podcasts. I just copy and paste thru usb. On computer go to your iTunes podcast folder and copy and paste. Works way better than all sync programs.
    I can handle not having completely automated music syncing, but not having auto-sync on podcasts is a complete deal breaker. No way am I going to manually try to keep up with the update schedules of all my podcasts and manually drag them onto my device.

I use DoubleTwist for podcasts and it works fine. It seems completely ridiculous that I need to have 4-5 apps for audio media playback on this Android device to replace what the iPod app on my iPhone did, but I can live with that.
    08-02-2013 08:33 AM
    basically it only lets you drag unplayed Podcasts and there is no auto-download facility so back to Double Twist I guess. Although DT seriously needs a visual refresh now....
    adriandb likes this.
    08-06-2013 12:54 PM
    I'm a google play music user that started using the built in HTC music app for the lockscreen functionailty, and wouldn't you know it, the podcasts downloaded from OneCast shows up as podcasts there, with albumart and everything....
    12-14-2013 12:43 PM
    Copy the Podcast files a folder on your sdcard (may require manual creation) to /sdcard/Music/Podcasts. Close the Music app, clear it's cache, or reboot the device if they don't show up right away. Hope this helps. Albeit late...
    01-04-2015 03:45 AM