WIFI - Disconnect and Forget

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Something that really irks me about the WiFi options disconnect and forget. Those are 2 separate words, 2 separate meanings, but to the HTC One they mean the same thing = Erase WiFi settings.

It should be :
Disconnect means to temporarily disconnect from that connection. Save settings
Forget means to delete the settings completely.

Yes, i know how simple would it have been to just turn off WiFi, that's not the point. But if the two mean the same why not just use same word, like forget. for both.

To see what I'm talking about,
1. go to WiFi and long-press your current connection. you get: Forget or Modify.
2. go to WiFi and single click your current connection. you get: Exit or Disconnect. (might as well say exit or forget)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. That would be an aggravation because then you have to re-enter any passkey's, etc to log in each time I would assume.

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Exactly!

I do quality assurance in our e-com department where I work, mobile site included, and I'm constantly changing in and out of networks to try different scenarios. Luckily I've only done this twice, but when it happens I have to go to IT department and ask for forgiveness and look like id10t. ;) I think they must think I'm deleting it on purpose but really I'm not.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Not... Sure what your issue is. I long hold and can easily disconnect from wifi and then chose another to connect to..

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

Attachments

• 1373553274269.jpg
    1373553274269.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 19

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Not... Sure what your issue is. I long hold and can easily disconnect from wifi and then chose another to connect to..

I wonder if this is because you have a sprint htc one. I used to noticed lots of differences between sprint gs3 and tmobile gs3, tmobile version had bugs that sprint had fixed a long time ago. I wonder if that's the case.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if this is because you have a sprint htc one. I used to noticed lots of differences between sprint gs3 and tmobile gs3, tmobile version had bugs that sprint had fixed a long time ago. I wonder if that's the case.

That would make a lot of sense then. I wonder why tmobile didn't patch things up?

David McElligott

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I know this is an old post but found a solution that's worked for me why I need this is my wifi has issues where if I disable it I have to delete the wpa_supplicant.conf and spam toggle wifi until it stays on after that if kept on it works fine. Anyway I was able to add a shortcut to my home screen that actually disables the current wifi connection without disabling wifi and forgetting the password. To do this you must have Tasker just create a new task in second tab, I named mine disconnect wifi, click the plus sign and select "net", next select "wifi net" there is an option that says disconnect. Have that selected then go back and thats it,add in icon on bottom right to use as a shortcut. I've tested this and it works great one tap and it disconnects the wifi but keeps wifi turned on and if I want to re connect just go into WiFi settings and choose the one to connect to

Something that really irks me about the WiFi options disconnect and forget. Those are 2 separate words, 2 separate meanings, but to the HTC One they mean the same thing = Erase WiFi settings.

It should be :
Disconnect means to temporarily disconnect from that connection. Save settings
Forget means to delete the settings completely.

Yes, i know how simple would it have been to just turn off WiFi, that's not the point. But if the two mean the same why not just use same word, like forget. for both.

To see what I'm talking about,
1. go to WiFi and long-press your current connection. you get: Forget or Modify.
2. go to WiFi and single click your current connection. you get: Exit or Disconnect. (might as well say exit or forget)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084