HTC one plastic design

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Read an article yesterday that said HTC is thinking about using plastic designs for their next phones like they use on the butterfly series. How do u guys feel about that? I love the metal design and feel. But who knows if it's true I also read they said they are gonna keep using the metal design lol

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
If the use plastic then they can include wireless charging and I would grab one. If not the they should stick with the metal unibody.

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Where you hear this? I heard the opposite, that they'd confirmed they WOULD continue with metal. Anyway, the build material doesn't affect me, I'd take build quality and function anyway. I mean if they use plastic, it means they could have a lighter phone with higher durability that could also have features such as wireless charging and a removable back. All this is of course even less important when you'll quite likely be covering the metal in a plastic case, as I have.

Having said all this though, I don't think the beautiful design was unnecessary. I'm proud to show off my naked phone and even if it was made out of plastic, it'd still look good. I can understand that to some people though, an "industrial" metal phone is important and sometimes a reason to choose another device such as an iPhone.

Sent from my HTC One :)

jlongrc

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Would be a dumb move IMO. Wireless charging is a very unnecessary. One of the first impressions that led me to buying this phone was how when I picked up the S4 and gave it some pressure (as if to break it) it would do this awful creaking and just felt flimsy. The One is built like a brick ****house. Look at the stuff the CNET folks did to it (it's called "Torture Testing" if I recall correctly).

Xsie

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Read an article yesterday that said HTC is thinking about using plastic designs for their next phones like they use on the butterfly series. How do u guys feel about that? I love the metal design and feel. But who knows if it's true I also read they said they are gonna keep using the metal design lol

That would be a mistake on their part if they do. The metal unibody is what separates HTC from the rest....

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Plastic or metal is not a selling point to me. Its the over all design and options of the phone. I bought my HTC One because I love the screen, no more home button and its an Android device. When I had the S3 as my main driver the plastic didn't bother me at all! Removable battery in the future would be nice but not a MUST with the right size battery. HTC did a great job with the One. And as long as they keep pushing that bar upwards I will be buying another HTC device!

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
What I read was they were going to offer a plastic version in addition to the standard metal one.

HTC One - Unlocked, ARHD 12, Bulletproof Kernel, Several mods.
Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
To be honest I'd never buy a plastic HTC device. One of the main reasons I bought the HTC One is its unibody design since it's just beautiful, durable and very luxurious. Plastic is used by dozens of companies and so HTC wouldn't have something over them anymore.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance