How's everyone enjoying their One still?

LMZR

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
If i were to get an Android phone, it would be the HTC One. :)

I love the design and the size suits me.

Although i'd be contemplating flashing it to the Google Play edition ROM.

Diorarat

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I love mine. Htc's presence here in my country is minimal. Everyone has a samsung and an apple, every time someone plays with my phone they always ask where I got this beauty. I had this phone for two months and sometimes I just take of the case and just stare at it. It is a beautifully designed phone from the front back and sides.

Sent from my HTC One

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I still love this phone. I wish it didn't heat up so easily and had a slightly better camera, but overall I'm very happy with it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I have had it since the beginning of June and I am still impressed by what the device can do, how it performs and most importantly its beauty which honestly has not ceased to impress me so far. The only issue I have with the device is that it seems to lose connection quite a lot (as in it would still display the HSPA sign and full signal bars but there's no actual connection and nothing happens when you make phone calls and whenever someone calls you they find you out of reach). I am still trying to overcome that problem by trying different ROMs, kernels, radios and such and hopefully I will be able to soon.

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
This phone is still by far is my favorite phone on the market. It is the right size, and has the features that I want. It is fast, and has been reliable. I use it for work and personal and I have almost 2000 contacts that I take care of for my work and it is a real workhorse. I couldn't be happier. One of my favorite things about the phone is the great screen that I can see easily outdoors. I have just not found a phone that fits my needs better than the HTC One.

Barney Lerten

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I bought it the very day it hit the AT&T store and have not regretted it, love BlinkFeed (so there!) as a news junkie, it brings all the news right out front to me, things I'd have otherwise missed (and yes, reruns of some things I've seen on Facebook/Twitter, big deal) - just went to my third, now very minimalist case because I'm a guy who puts it in his pocket with his keys/change - the first, a nice metallic case from AT&T started flaking off the back, the store (which also kindly later gave me the credit for the special promotion to make it a $99 phone) also gave me credit and let me switch to the only other case they had - the Otter Box Defender. Very protective but oy the dust that got under the screen protector! And the pain to take it apart to clean! So now, on to a Rocketfish (too?) minimalist but much slimmer hardshell case and a Best Buy-applied (all thumbs I) Zag Invisible Shield so I can show off the wonderful look and screen properly. If I decide on another case some time I'll just go online and check the recommendations here by you fine folks. Would like something between too-little protection and the bulky Otter. But the phone has great battery life for me (use it for work e-mail but not movie watching for example) and... it's my third HTC phone, and the best:D

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Wow this is an extremely useful post.

I had no idea that the HTC button was actually an active button with functionality crippled by Sense 5.0.

I also had no idea that one could achieve using swipes to turn on/off the phone. HTC's biggest hardware flaw tends to be the physical buttons, so this is a huge relief. You're making me consider the One instead of the S4 I have now (I could also really use the speakers since I use my phones as speakerphones a lot). If only the One had a barometer...

How hard was it to do all the modding? And which aspects of Sense (what functions) do you miss most?

Sorry for the delay in response.

The android revolution rom IS a sense 5 ROM. So I don't miss anyting about sense. Also there is a dual boot feature in the works for dual booting a sense based ROM and s Google play ROM while utilizing the same apps and user data. That will be cool.

What I did involves unlocking your boot loader and installing a custom recovery. After that you can flash whatever ROM you want or kernel.

I'm using the bulletproof kernel to achieve the functions you were asking about. Tbaldens kernel also has these features and several mapping functions.

So yes. The capacitive area does extend under the HTC logo. The swipe right to wake feature is my favorite form of waking up my phone.

If you would like more info send me a PM. I'll provide you with some links etc that will help you out.

And as far as how hard is it? Its easy. I could take an HTC one out of the box and have it working as described within fifteen minutes.

HTC One - Unlocked, ARHD 12, Bulletproof Kernel, Several mods.
Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781