How to install and read Emoji for HTC?

Nabooy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I have been trying to figure out how to install and use the Emoji. I could not find a solution here. I even tried using a few apps from the Play Store but it didn't work at all. Also, I would like to view and read the Emoji's all over the phone wherever it's possible.

I am using HTC One and currently running on 4.2.2 Jellybean.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried using this?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m.klncity1.emojikeyboard&hl=en&token=INVigrWH

I couldn't find any emoji add-ons to the Sense keyboard, however the one I posted is a different keyboard that is only for emoji, so you'll have to switch back and forth between this and the Sense keyboard.

Wait.. I came across this thread and it seems as though emoji is natively supported by the HTC One. Which version of 4.2.2 are you running? Is it a Google Edition/AOSP ROM or a Sense-based one?

Nabooy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I did try to use that but it does not work at all. I have enabled the keyboard and nothing seems to be working. Also, I got the normal HTC-sense version. Any help please?

Posted via Android Central App

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
This is what I have
u2aru7aj.jpg

Is this what youre looking for?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

cykodelik_75

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
You should try "Smart Keyboard" I use it and in the languages section of the settings it allows you to add emoji. I use the trial appt which lets you use all the features but has a nag screen. The only thing I've found is that its not as accurate as swiftkey. Here are some examples.
😁😂😃😄😅😆😉😊😋😍😌😏😓😔😒😖😢😡😘😠😚😞😜

They come out as the android versions but to iPhone users it'll show up as iOS versions.

Nabooy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Ok I did install the smart keyboard as you said. Even activated it in the keyboard settings but then what? What do I have to do next now?

Raegreat

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
This is all you have to do.

Make sure you download the Emoji app first. Go to a blank text and pull up the keyboard. A little keyboard should come up at the top of your phone on the drop down menu. Click on that and select SET UP INPUT METHODS and turn your Emoji Keyboard selection on. Go back to your blank text and select that same little keyboard again and select Emoji keyboard making the selection bubble next to it blue. DONE!!:)

nathy321

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Download coolsymbols, it has lots of emojis and you can use them everywhere, text, instagram, Facebook these r a few 🎉😍 👍 🎂 🍺

Johann Espinola

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Nabooy, did you ever get a fix to this problem? Because I am experiencing the same thing. I've downloaded the keyboards, and everything.. I can include them in messages but when receiving messages nothing is translating and I get the ? in the box.

Jazir Ahammed

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Just hold down the button that you use for obtaining the numeric keypad..When you hold it for two seconds an emoji icon will appear...now release the button..(you can go back to the qwerty keyboard by pressing the same button once....)

eva scharfe

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Thank you Jazir!
As soon as I read your post about how to get the emoji keypad I knew you were right. I have looked for the info for at least 2 months on and off unsucessfully and I really appreciate your help. People like you who know what they are talking about are a pleasure to discover. So many times people who don't have an answer waste my time by leading me to their worthless comments. (i.e. Well, I don't really know the answer, but....) I wonder what people like that get out of it. Eva

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech