What happened with my ONE? Very dissapointed

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I only had my ONE for about 2 months and I loved it. A week ago I was thinking about rooting my phone, so what I have done is unlocked my bootloader through HTC dev. And I put rooting aside, I didnt do it. I did not install customer recovery and I did not root. Few days later I have started having issue of not being able to pull down notification panel, it wont work. It works in landscape but wont work in portrait mode. I removed screen protector and it was fine, for a day. Then again same s....t. Today in addition to that I cant unlock my phone every 2-3rd time I wake it up. I swipe lock from DOWN - UP and instead my notification bar comes up either fully or half way or nothing at all would work, when i put it to sleep and wake again I can unlock the phone fine, however notification panel still wont come down.

I have not dropped the phone yet ever. So frustrating, I can live with issue that I had few weeks past when during call my screen would come on and my face would press randomly on it (which is frustrating as well), or the fact that my phone for wtf reason takes photos and videos in my pocket. But this stuff with notification bar is just so damn annoying.

Tried factory reset, not helped. Tried pointer tracer in dev tools, can see that top half of inch of the phone would not register touch at all. Is this hardware fault?
As I said I only unlocked bootloader and nothing else was touched. Problem is I cannot lock back bootloader, tried on 2 pcs already in fastboot mode windows says some error connecting to the device.

So disappointing, I really like the phone and I though quality was superb.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You modified it in some way.. The quality is superb but once you start messing with the software there is always a chance you can mess something else up unintentionally.

I'd get a replacement if you can and just leave it be.. Like you did for those 2 months.. Where you had no issues :).

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like the phone was defective to begin with, based on the description of odd behaviors prior to unlocking it. Now that you have unlocked it, it is going to be more difficult to "explain" the problems to HTC/Carrier that you have a defective device. If you can re-lock it, do it. And then try to exchange it.

If you can't do a warranty exchange for some reason, then try flashing the ROM with say the vanilla Google one. And then, if you want the original HTC ROM, flash it back to original again, or try one of the other custom ROMs. If your "brains" got scrambled through you futzing with it, flashing a new set of brains is the obvious path to take.

flexfield

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Sup3r1or sorry to hear your having troubles. You just saved me from moving forward on unlocking the bootloader of my M7. Hope you get your issues resolved.

Posted via Android Central App

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
This is definitely not caused by simply unlocking your bootloader. This is most likely a hardware issue.

Mr.Willie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
What apps have you installed ? Do you install apps from unknown sources ? Maybe you should try a factory reset ?

Personally, I use Android Revolution HD. It's a 4.2.2 Sense ROM. All the HTC features, none of the carrier crapware, all apps installed from Google Play. Flawless.

Sup3r1or sorry to hear your having troubles. You just saved me from moving forward on unlocking the bootloader of my M7. Hope you get your issues resolved.

Is there any reason to unlock the boot loader except to install,a,custom ROM ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome