I'm about to purchase this head unit.
    Amazon.com: Pioneer DEHX3500UI In-Dash CD/MP3/USB Car Stereo Receiver with MIXTRAX and Variable Color Illumination: Car Electronics

And I'm just wondering if I will be able to connect my One and listen to all my music. It says iPhone but there are also USB ports and AUX.
    07-16-2013 11:09 AM
    I'm about to purchase this head unit.
    Amazon.com: Pioneer DEHX3500UI In-Dash CD/MP3/USB Car Stereo Receiver with MIXTRAX and Variable Color Illumination: Car Electronics

And I'm just wondering if I will be able to connect my One and listen to all my music. It says iPhone but there are also USB ports and AUX.
    It should work with the aux input.
    07-16-2013 11:42 AM
    It also says in the product info: "Android Media Access when you connect a compatible Android smartphone via USB". Chances are good that you may even get USB Audio out with some control over the unit. My head unit has USB connect but only recognizes iProducts. It will definitely work with AUX input. Does not have Bluetooth if that is a concern to you.
    07-16-2013 10:33 PM
    Find a headunit with bluetooth. Your phone will automatically connect once you set it up, no wires to deal with, hands free calling, etc.
    07-17-2013 02:18 PM
    I would look for something with Bluetooth support...
    I have a lot of options in my car, such as Bluetooth, Aux, FM transmitter, and HDMI, and all of them work. I'm really used to HDMI since it mirrors my phone screen (good for Netflix, YouTube, documents etc) below is pic showing my camera mirrored

Sent from HTC via Tapatalk app
    07-17-2013 02:55 PM
    I have a HTC media link connected that mirrors witelessly

Sent from HTC via Tapatalk app
    07-17-2013 03:31 PM
    Aux will work fine. I got one with bluetooth from Crutchfield for much less. I'm very happy with my decision.

Posted via HTC ONE with a cracked screen.
    07-17-2013 04:03 PM
    It's strange to me that someone would recommend Crutchfield as a cheaper option. They're a fine company, but rarely cheaper than most other reliable stores out there. Check spaceagegizmos.com

Anywhoo... there are advantages to using a receiver that will connect natively to an android device via USB, especially where video receivers are considered. Many car audio manufacturers have started adding native app support which can only be accessed through USB, if you're looking for that deeper level of integration. Outside of that, bluetooth is the next best thing, but the X3500ui doesnt have bluetooth. 3.5mm aux input is universal though. Works with anything with a headphone jack, there's never a question.
    07-29-2013 02:18 AM