HTC One Screen Lock Issue

tamaudio

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Maybe this isn't an issue, but when I turn on my screen, whether password protected or not, all I need to do is tap the screen to open it up either to the password screen or when not protected the main screen. Is this normal? I pocket dialed 911 today because I typically password protect my phone, somehow my screen was turned on and something was able to contact the screen to get the password screen with the emergency call button.

JNordgren

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Are you using Widgetlocker or some other lock screen app that uses the accessibility service? If so, there is a known bug in Sense that does exactly what you are describing. One of the very few annoyances I have with my One.

JNordgren

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I haven't found anything that works in a completely satisfactory manner. I'm hoping that 4.2.2 in conjunction with NiLS Notifications will fix it whenver it becomes available on AT&T in the US. The best I have found for now is that Textra can wake the screen when a text is recieved, but it doesn't show the content unless you swipe down on the notification bar. And it leaves email and other channels completely out. Widget locker has an option to force it to unlock before displaying the dialer, but then you have to swipe to unlock and then perform whatever action you want to perform in the dialer. Plus I happen to like the stock lock screen (other than not having notifications). So yeah, one of my few big annoyances, but overall I love my One.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol