Hi Guys, has anyone experienced trouble with initially installing HTC phone software into their computer? I had a C drive (for programs) and a D drive for created documents (i.e. Exel, Word, Pictures etc.) but when I installed the HTC phone software so I could transfer my contacts and pictures into Windows 7, it altered my D Drive and all my D Drive stuff was automatically moved into C Drive with the programs. Is this weird or what? I then uninstalled HTC software on my computer but nothing changed, now I am too scared to load it up again. I took my computer to my local Computer guys and they can't believe me.
    07-17-2013 08:36 PM
    1. Where did you get the HTC software? And what is it called?
    2. How many hard drives do you have? and who set up the drives?
    3. Please run Avast/AVG/Microsoft Security Essentials to check for virus/malware and report back.
    07-17-2013 10:07 PM
    I purchased the HTC phone from Telstra, Australia. I had one hard drive divided into C:drive and D: drive. My daughter set up my Antec box about 2007. I had Vista installed, then Windows 7 more recently, about 18+ months ago. I had the computer box to Computer repair company last week but they could not find any virus/malware, because I think I deleted all that before I took it to Computer repair company, as I had had issues with AVG virus protector and had to re-install it......(ugh, sorry), but will try Item 3 again if it will do any good. As I already have AVG should I just run that, instead of Avast or Microsoft?
    07-19-2013 09:05 AM
    Hmm I've never heard of a driver install for a mobile device changing you're drive labels.

Can you still access the drive like a regular hard drive, or does it act like a CDROM?

If anything you could try unplugging the cables to your D: drive for 30 seconds than plugging them back in. Since you have 2 drives, they should both be running off the same data and power cables. If it's setup correctly, the ones you want to unplug would be the second plug on the cables, not the first at the very end. Also your D: drive should sit right below your C: drive inside the case.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-19-2013 11:44 AM