08-01-2013 05:35 AM
39 12
tools
    So given the beautiful design of the Htc one, how many of you are actually using your phone without a case and how has it held up?

If so, let me know the following if possible.

1. How long have you been using the phone without a case?
    2. Do you use a screen protector, if not how has the screen held up?
    3. Overall has your phone retained any scratches, dents or dings?
    4. Black or Silver & have you noticed any fading?

I've had mine for just over a month. I got it at Costco, and it came with a basic plastic case that covers the sides and back. Its not much protection however it provides good grip, yet still manages to show the beauty of the phone.

Obviously I'd love to run without a case however I'm worried about the above. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

HTC One - Unlocked, ARHD 12, Bulletproof Kernel, Several mods.
    Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
    Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod
    07-18-2013 12:01 AM
    I was tempted but just couldn't bring myself to risk it. I sometimes take the case off just to be reminded how nice it looks. I have the Diztronic tpu case from Amazon and it's the perfect size. No bulk and decent protection in case of a fumble or bump.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    07-18-2013 12:09 AM
    I got mine naked with just a Zagg screen protector. Only had it since the weekend but I'm being very careful (other than taking it out in a kayak!)
    07-18-2013 01:02 AM
    I'm using mine naked. My dad used the phone for a couple of months before me, and he dropped it once on asphalt, so it has couple of dinks on the corners. I dropped it from around a 2 feet height, and the drop didn't add much more damage to the phone.

I'm using the phone with nothing on it, no skins and no case. I think it looks great, and I'm not worried about scratching the back, like I was with my 4S before.
    07-18-2013 01:05 AM
    So given the beautiful design of the Htc one, how many of you are actually using your phone without a case and how has it held up?

I've had mine for just over a month. I got it at Costco, and it came with a basic plastic case that covers the sides and back. Its not much protection however it provides good grip, yet still manages to show the beauty of the phone.

Obviously I'd love to run without a case however I'm worried about the above. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
    Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod
    1) for this I have only had my phone for a week. 2) I do use a screen protector. 3) so fat I have not had any scratches on my phone. 4) I have the black one and so fat I have not noticed any fading at all.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-18-2013 02:11 AM

Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
    Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod
    1. The first week, then I had a Otterbox Defender case until I realized that the built in screen protector is positioned to far away from the phone and ended up scratching my screen. So, now it has been naked again about roughly two months because I have been too lazy to file a warranty replacement since that is what the representative told me to do.
    2. The only scratches I have is from my otterbox
    3. I have scuffed two or three of the corners. Other than that not really. *knocking on wood* I have not dropped my phone yet. Shocker right!
    4. Silver has not faded yet. I don't really think it is going to.
    07-18-2013 04:39 AM
    Thanks for all the feedback guys! I really do appreciate it.

Keep them coming! I found some people using glass screen protectors? Interesting concept. If anyone has used them let me know.

Thanks again guys :-)
    Looking forward to hearing about more naked ones in the wild :-)

Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
    Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod
    07-18-2013 04:55 AM
    Naked, except when the granddaughter plays with it. Then it's the Diztronic case. Clear, with minimal bulk.
    Have the Sprint version since the launch. Still in pristine condition. No insurance. Ever.
    Still a great phone.
    07-18-2013 05:14 AM
    If you want to get numerous chips and micro scratches all around the metal border than keep it naked,conclusion : get a case even a double flip case if you want to keep it pristine
    Kind of sad if you ask me because the One beauty shouldn't be hidden by a case
    07-18-2013 06:26 AM
    If you want to get numerous chips and micro scratches all around the metal border than keep it naked,conclusion : get a case even a double flip case if you want to keep it pristine
    Kind of sad if you ask me because the One beauty shouldn't be hidden by a case
    Yeah I hear ya. I'm using a very simple case that covers the sides and back. Combined with a screen protector and I'm happy. I thought about the otter box commuter but it hides the phone. With caution and care the phone should be fine.

I have a dedicate phone pocket I always keep clean.

Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
    Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod
    07-18-2013 06:55 AM
    No case or screen protector here. I bought the phone roughly 2.5 - 3 months ago and have never used a case or screen protector. No noticeable damage to either the screen or body of the phone yet. It's a silver One, and there hasn't been (nor do I expect there will be) any fading.
    59er9er likes this.
    07-18-2013 09:00 AM
    Mine is naked, no screen protector, no case. I've had it since early May and the screen, sides, back are all great condition. I have the matte black One.

I do however have a square tab on the back of my One. The tab is for my IQ Smart car mount which also prevents the back of the phone from coming into contact with the surface I place it on.
    07-18-2013 09:39 AM
    I'm keeping mine naked. The phone is too good looking to cover up. Plus, coming from the much smaller DInc 2, the naked One is still on the upper edge of size I want to handle. I also watched a scratch video where the person scratched it with keys, a kitchen knife, and hit it with a rubber mallet and there were only some scratches on the back and nothing on the screen. I'll take my chances and I also pay for the insurance at ATT.
    07-18-2013 09:48 AM
    I have always used the HTC Double Dip Flip cover ever since I got the device but in the past couple of days I have been using it naked with no problems whatsoever. I put it in my right pocket with nothing beside it so that I would avoid any kind of scratches or dents and I really am taking good care of it and I must say that it feels much, much better without a case, almost like a whole new sexy device.
    07-18-2013 10:09 AM
    Mine is naked since purchase, ATT preorder - so that is a couple months I guess. Silver model

If I inspect it with reading glasses under bright light I can see several very fine scratches on the beveled edge, but they are so small and fine that I cant feel them or see them unless using the glasses and bright light. They don't bother me at all and indicates to me that as long as I don't drop the phone on concrete or asphalt, it is unlikely to get noticeably marked.

When I got my phone there was already one small scratch on the edge of the bottom speaker grill that is still by far the biggest imperfection on the phone.
    07-18-2013 12:46 PM
    Was using a slim case till I dropped. The phone fell on the glass side and got dunked on the top and bottom. Now I use the otterbox commuter case.

From the desk of Hiss Excellency.
    07-18-2013 01:16 PM
    I was tempted but just couldn't bring myself to risk it. I sometimes take the case off just to be reminded how nice it looks. I have the Diztronic tpu case from Amazon and it's the perfect size. No bulk and decent protection in case of a fumble or bump.

The Diztronic is awesome as far as I'm concerned. Out of the 5 or 6 cases I have this is my favorite and is much better than I anticipated when having bought it.

It offers a reasonable amount of protection while adding virtually no bulk to the device whatsoever. Highly recommend for anyone looking for moderate protection yet keeping a thin overall feel to the device.
    07-18-2013 01:47 PM
    I've been rocking my One naked since I first got it a couple weeks ago. I've taken it to the beach twice, and there's still no scratches or knicks on the body or screen. Then again, I take pretty good care of my stuff.
    07-18-2013 03:24 PM
    Two weeks strong and naked. Still looks brand new b

07-18-2013 03:27 PM
    Mine is naked since purchase, ATT preorder - so that is a couple months I guess. Silver model

If I inspect it with reading glasses under bright light I can see several very fine scratches on the beveled edge, but they are so small and fine that I cant feel them or see them unless using the glasses and bright light. They don't bother me at all and indicates to me that as long as I don't drop the phone on concrete or asphalt, it is unlikely to get noticeably marked.

When I got my phone there was already one small scratch on the edge of the bottom speaker grill that is still by far the biggest imperfection on the phone.
    My speaker grill had the same scratch.

07-18-2013 03:30 PM

Exactly me, as well. The only thing I don't like about the TPU case I have is it's hard to press the volume buttons.
    07-19-2013 08:32 PM
    No case for 6 weeks or so.
    No scratches on screen. No scratches whatsoever on the back. Only place where you can kinda see scratches is the chamfered edge, but that is to be expected.
    07-19-2013 08:44 PM
    I'm eligible forc upgrade, actually 2 if add my duh who don't care what gee uses lol
    I'm thinking of HTC in conjunction with this phone and I know I'd have to use a case. If the phone lands screen first, I'd cry.
    I'm a klutz, a mom and always multi tasking...
    I would try for a see through case with a big lip...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    07-19-2013 08:48 PM
    Mine was naked until I dropped it on my tile floor. The back lower corner has a dent now wish I had put it in a case sooner. I am drop-prone.
    07-20-2013 02:02 AM
    No dents or scratches as of late when it comes to my HTC One. I treat my mobile devices like gold so I really have no need for cases or screen protectors. (Been using it naked since day one when it came out for T-Mobile)
    07-20-2013 04:23 AM
39 12