Google Keyboard Problem

realwilliamlees

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I've just unrooted my HTC One using the stock RUU and I am no longer able to select Google Keyboard as a keyboard input.

Anyone else had this issue?

Out of interest, I installed the Swift Key trial and that works fine.

Can't stand the HTC default keyboard!

Posted via Android Central App

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
You probably don't have it installed anymore. If you don't download it from the play store. If you do. Uninstall it and then download and install it again.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

realwilliamlees

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I've got the exact same problem after the 4.2.2 update!

Ross - I've been doing some digging and I think I've found a solution. It's 23.50 in the UK so will post tomorrow.

It involves altering the CID. I'll have a play around tomorrow night and post a tutorial if it works!

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I have had that happen to me quite a lot. I would end up completely uninstalling it from the device, rebooting and then trying different versions of it (not necessarily the latest) until it shows up under Language & Input. If you're on a Google Edition ROM, changing the CID to GOOGL01 (not sure if that's the proper CID but I believe it is) fixes it - or at least it did when I had that problem on ARHD Google Edition 2.0.

Jefmak

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I've got the same problem, the google keyboard worked fine before the 4.2 update. Now I can't enable it and I'm stuck with the htc keyboard

jcreech

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Same problem...it does not show up in language and input after updating to 4.2...any work arounds/ideas on how to fix this? I am not a fan of the HTC keyboard at all.

Patrick Williams13

May 22, 2013
Visit site
On a different note about the Google keyboard, it's annoying that the predictive text doesn't work while surfing the Internet. For example if your in chrome and you type googlw instead of Google it doesn't auto correct. Whereas SwiftKey has this feature. Or am I missing something? Sorry for high jacking thread but didn't feel like starting another one about Google keyboard.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan