Trying to use Flixster on my HTC One

blazer236ix

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
But it won't let me download the movies onto the phone like my s3 did. Anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Weylunduk

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Trying to use flixster on my htc one

I've just got a HTC one and experiencing the same problem. I also can't stream from flickster:'(

blazer236ix

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site

I've just got a HTC one and experiencing the same problem. I also can't stream from flickster:'(

i just downloaded the vudu app and it works the same way flixster did. You just need to link your ultraviolet and vudu accounts.

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

We noticed that you are having an issue with the HTC one, and wanted to post to see if we could help. Flixster supports a number of Android devices on the market, with a full list of supported devices found here:

Flixster | Which Android devices do you support?

If your device is supported, make sure you're using the most recent version of the Flixster app. Check the app store for any new updates. You should also try logging out of the app, restarting your device and logging back in.

AZBrowncoat

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

This past Monday I loaded up the Flixster App to download a movie for offline playback during a flight to LA and noticed the the download link is not available either. Checked my Note 2 and it is there...is there a different version of Flixster for phones vs tablets and perhaps the Note runs the tablet version?

BarryS626

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

i just downloaded the vudu app and it works the same way flixster did. You just need to link your ultraviolet and vudu accounts.

I wish I could download "Vudu" gets to 100% and install, comes back not compatible with my phone. I have HTC One S Z520E

AZBrowncoat

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I'm looking to download the highest possible quality Ultraviolet * Flixster * VuDu movies onto my HTC One to stream to my Roku 3 or Apple TV...I've got really crappy Internet at home and no cell service so I'd prefer to download full-length HDX copies onto my HTC One when I am "in town" for playback later - I have unlimited data on my phone so it is my preferred download/playback device.

Does anyone know which Ultraviolet compatible App offers the highest quality download on the HTC One?

AZBrowncoat

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

This is interesting...

I just side-loaded Looper using Flixster files that I had previously downloaded to my Galaxy Note 2 onto my HTC One and it shows up in the Flixster app under "Downloaded Movies by Title" - still no option to download directly which puzzles me.

Now if I can just figure out how to stream or AirPlay this to my Roku 3 or Apple TV that would be awsome!

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
AZbrowncoat,

Vudu links up with your Ultraviolet collection. Create an Ultraviolet account, a Vudu account, and load the Vudu channel on your Roku 3. That is exactly how I watch my ultraviolet movies on my Roku.

Robert

Posted via Android Central App

AZBrowncoat

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
AZbrowncoat,

Vudu links up with your Ultraviolet collection. Create an Ultraviolet account, a Vudu account, and load the Vudu channel on your Roku 3. That is exactly how I watch my ultraviolet movies on my Roku.

Robert

Posted via Android Central App

Robert,

Thanks for the suggestion, I truly appreciate your attempt to help, unfortunately my home Internet (the best available to me) is so utterly abysmal that streaming via the VuDu app to the Roku 3 will not work.

My home Internet is also the primary reason I utilize iTunes as much as I can (I can download FULL HD QUALITY movies, elsewhere, generally a friends house or the public library) onto my iPad, transfer to my home home PC and then stream from my hope PC to my AppleTV); however iTunes seems to be losing ground rapidly to Ultraviolet as far as codes being included with Blu-Rays and sometimes there are much better deals available to purchase directly from VuDu vs iTunes.

I CAN download my Ultraviolet collection using the same method; however the main issue is I cannot copy the movies to my desktop from my iPad like I can iTunes for use later or for re-use; whereas with Flixster I can tranfer the movies from the phone to the PC and then back...kinda of a PITA work-around but it works - but it only works if I can download to the phone.

I have "unlimited' data on my phone so it makes sense for me to download to my phone and then stream from my phone to my home TV.

Just my unique situation but it makes NO SENSE for the download option to be disabled on HTC phones...we should be able to download and in whatever definition we want. If I want to download a 5Gb HDX movie to my phone that I "own" then I should be able to do just that.

UltraViolet PR

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi, AZBrowncoat,

As there are a large number of Android phones and tablets on the market, it's difficult to guarantee functionality for every device. As UltraViolet continues to grow, you will most likely see expanded service to more devices, but we cannot currently offer a date for your device specifically.

Currently, HTC phones do not support downloading, and certain models do not support streaming. The below link will provide you a complete list of supported Android devices:

HD playback via Flixster is currently supported on Xbox 360, and you can watch your HD UltraViolet digital content through VUDU and other Ultraviolet partners; see more at UltraViolet

We hope this helps!

--
Jesse, with TriplePoint for the Digital Entertainment Group

Last edited:

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi, AZBrowncoat,

As there are a large number of Android phones and tablets on the market, it's difficult to guarantee functionality for every device. As UltraViolet continues to grow, you will most likely see expanded service to more devices, but we cannot currently offer a date for your device specifically.

Currently, HTC phones do not support downloading, and certain models do not support streaming. The below link will provide you a complete list of supported Android devices:

HD playback via Flixster is currently supported on Xbox 360, and you can watch your HD UltraViolet digital content through VUDU and other Ultraviolet partners; see more at UltraViolet

We hope this helps!

That list of phones are mainly phones from 2-3 years ago. It seems to me the problem is with how slow these Ultraviolet providers work and the constant inconsistent rules they impose on their paying customers.

AZBrowncoat

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi, AZBrowncoat,

We hope this helps!

As I explained in an earlier post, streaming for me via Xbox / Roku or any of the traditional means is not practical due to the Internet currently available to me at home which is why I am exploring either streaming from my Android device and/or outputting via HDMI to my TV directly from the device.

That being said - I fail to understand why downloading is not supported on HTC devices, especially in light of the fact that I can side-load a UV movie to my phone and it plays fine (again see my earlier posts), is it a technical limitation of the HTC hardware or a manufacturer imposed limitation?

That list of phones are mainly phones from 2-3 years ago. It seems to me the problem is with how slow these Ultraviolet providers work and the constant inconsistent rules they impose on their paying customers.

Ultraviolet is, was and continues to be a convoluted mess being foisted upon us by movie studios that were desperate to have an alternative to iTunes. I have to maintain a spreadsheet of my Ultraviolet movies that tells me which ones are available from what providers - some are only accessible from VuDu, some are only accessible from Flixster - some don't show up and aren't playable in member accounts. I have to have movie studio accounts, a Flixster account, a Vudu account, a UVVU account - SERIOUSLY? Oh, and that movie you got on iTunes with your Blu-ray...it's sequel comes packaged with an Ultraviolet copy - absolutely ridiculous.

...I apologize for getting off topic and ranty.

Last edited:

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
As I explained in an earlier post, streaming for me via Xbox / Roku or any of the traditional means is not practical due to the Internet currently available to me at home which is why I am exploring either streaming from my Android device and/or outputting via HDMI to my TV directly from the device.

That being said - I fail to understand why downloading is not supported on HTC devices, especially in light of the fact that I can side-load a UV movie to my phone and it plays fine (again see my earlier posts), is it a technical limitation of the HTC hardware or a manufacturer imposed limitation?

Ultraviolet is, was and continues to be a convoluted mess being foisted upon us by movie studios that were desperate to have an alternative to iTunes. I have to maintain a spreadsheet of my Ultraviolet movies that tells me which ones are available from what providers - some are only accessible from VuDu, some are only accessible from Flixster - some don't show up and aren't playable in member accounts. I have to have movie studio accounts, a Flixster account, a Vudu account, a UVVU account - SERIOUSLY? Oh, and that movie you got on iTunes with your Blu-ray...it's sequel comes packaged with an Ultraviolet copy - absolutely ridiculous.

...I apologize for getting off topic and ranty.

Oh I agree.

Disney has switch some of their movies to Vudu which makes everything I buy for my son pointless at the moment.

erimus365

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same problem, just got the HTC One yesterday looking forward to watching my films on the go only to find there is no download option and it won't stream. It usually gets to 50% then I get an error.
It did work fine though on my HTC Desire S, I could download to the device or stream fine on that so it doesn't appear to be an issue with HTC, just lazy developers. No problems with iPhones I bet

Padfootsguide

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I have a Vodaphone LTE14 Android phone and Flixster worked fine initially. Now all I get is unable to play back, problems opening the app and this is all down to the new Flixtster Video App they have introduced. Major issues with Flixster and would suggest selling all shares as the company has the worst customer complaint response in the world. Really poor service. :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante