Will the HTC One get 4.3?

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I should have said I have no issues with custom Roms. To say they are flawless is impossible. Nothing comes without the occasional issue. All I know Is I've never had any issues with custom Roms. I love them. Faster updates etc.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
1) As long as you restore completely back to stock and fix the tampered icon in your boot loader back to stock your fine. I don't have the one but have the og evo. If HTC kept the procedure the same, it is extremely easy to fix.

2) Your warranty is not voided unless you take it into be serviced and it is rooted. There is no way any manufacturer/carrier can tell your phone is rooted wirelessly. That would be a major privacy breach and lead to a scandal almost as bad as the NSA.

The last carrier spyware I remember is carrier IQ. And that was completely eliminated as of late 2011.

Also your hardware does not track root or normal status. It is all software driven, and software recorded. Which means it can be restored back to stock.

So in conclusion, yes rooting does void your warranty, however it is not voided unless you either A) tell them it is/was rooted, or B) they find out it was rooted because you didn't restore back to complete stock, prior to servicing.

I should also note that manufacturers have ways of pulling device status from the phone, even when it was bricked. They do so through a process similar to using a JTAG device. The only thing that can prevent them from doing so is by a motherboard failure, any kind of other failure and they can still detect it.

Sent from my paranoid s3...

If you think for one second that the manufacturer, such as hTc, can't tell you've rooted....you're sadly mistaken....

May 2, 2013
Visit site
My guess is we'll get it right around the time phones with 5.0 or 4.4(whatever that may be) start rolling out. I'm not trying to be synical, but that seems like the life of an HTC owner. I'd love for them to prove me wrong, but still no 4.2.2 in the US and 4.3 is starting to roll out to the Nexus devices, so I'm not holding my breath.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Rooting can be fun. But the fun wore out on the OG Evo for me. I found ROMS to be a pain in the A$$ to find one that works like it's supposed to. Little annoyances tick me off!

YES, rooting voids the warranty.

It depends on which rom.

Like some roms lime cyanogen mod remove a lot of functionality but work well.

Some undervolt

Different things from different roms. Some just go for debloated stock roms

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I would be happy to just get 4.2, but I don't expect to ever get it... How long has it been out now??

Looks like Sony is ramping up their game with updates this generation. The Xperia Z and ZL have both been updated to 4.2 already. To answer your question though 4.2 (which the Nexus 4 came with at launch) has been out for about 8 months. 4.2.2 has been out for 5 months. My guess is the Nexus 5 will launch simultaneously with KLP this November.

rschauby

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Given the new upgrade offers that each carrier just launched we can probably expect slower updates. Carriers would rather you update your phone; and not update your phone.

Handset manufacturers really need to remove all carrier "say so" for software.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes. But I just wanted to make sure the AT&T one will get 4.3. I've heard people saying it takes 2 years for an AT&T update to be available for an Android phone, so I'm sorta worried here.

That's a damn lie don't worry.

Posted via HTC One on Android Central App

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
If it doesn't I'm going back to ios.

From the desk of Hiss Excellency.

This just cracks me up. This post is either an example of brilliant subtle sarcasm or priceless illogic (on several levels). Besides the obvious nonsense of why not getting 4.3 would make you switch back to IOS, at one point are you going to make the call that the phone isn't going to get the update (1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year...???). Thanks for brightening my day. (The "Hiss Excellency" part was just icing on the cake).

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Android Central Forums

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
This just cracks me up. This post is either an example of brilliant subtle sarcasm or priceless illogic (on several levels). Besides the obvious nonsense of why not getting 4.3 would make you switch back to IOS, at one point are you going to make the call that the phone isn't going to get the update (1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year...???). Thanks for brightening my day. (The "Hiss Excellency" part was just icing on the cake).

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Android Central Forums

I think it was sarcasm, and funny as well. If it wasn't sarcasm, then I want to be the first to welcome Perez Hilton to AC.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Lol I love those "prove it" posts. Some people think forums are a courtroom trial. Should I hire an attorney and subpoena non existent studies too?

Is it? I don't care if you want to respond or not.. Just pointing out how your post made no sense acting like a big company won't ever have flaws due to cash and other programmers can't compare lol.

Every program will have flaws.. Huge corporations paying boatloads for programmers down to the little guys. Look at Apple.. Some kids in their basement nuked their dev site for a week lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I do not care what anyone says cause I happen to like the One the way it is. Rooting for "me" is not where "I" want to go. There's no problem with rooting and if people want to go that route then have fun and be careful !! I personally will NOT help anyone that bricks their phone...because most of the time, it's because they didn't read and follow explicit directions. ANYWHO.....

I bet anyone here a beer, and a box of cracker jax that the ONE skips 4.2.2 and goes directly to 4.3.....

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I do not care what anyone says cause I happen to like the One the way it is. Rooting for "me" is not where "I" want to go. There's no problem with rooting and if people want to go that route then have fun and be careful !! I personally will NOT help anyone that bricks their phone...because most of the time, it's because they didn't read and follow explicit directions. ANYWHO.....

I bet anyone here a beer, and a box of cracker jax that the ONE skips 4.2.2 and goes directly to 4.3.....
The One already got 4.2.2 in Europe. I'll take my beer now.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta