using a different charger

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
so i recall that there was some discussion on this a while back, but i cannot seem to locate the thread that gave a definitive answer, so i wanted to pose the question again and i hope someone can assist:

i have an HTC charger from my old EVO, either the 4GLTE or the 3D and i used to use it as my travel charger. i was wondering if it would be a bad idea to charge the One with it, knowing that the charge speed is different. will i damage the battery using the old charger?

thanks for the help.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
so i recall that there was some discussion on this a while back, but i cannot seem to locate the thread that gave a definitive answer, so i wanted to pose the question again and i hope someone can assist:

i have an HTC charger from my old EVO, either the 4GLTE or the 3D and i used to use it as my travel charger. i was wondering if it would be a bad idea to charge the One with it, knowing that the charge speed is different. will i damage the battery using the old charger?

thanks for the help.

Compare the two chargers for output amps. SO long as they are equal or the travel one is a little less, you will be fine. The last thing you want to do is charge it too fast.

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Turns out it's an old Palm Pre charger, not an HTC. But the output looks equal to or less than the One's.

Appreciate the help.

kriss_am

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
If the charger output is higher than the orginal charger, a message on your phone should pop up stating it's higher and therefore will refuse to charge. That's what happened on my HTC one :)

Posted via Android Central App

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I purchased an AT&T car charger that supports both 1A and 2A and I use the mophie cable that goes to the juice pack and it seems ok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC