Still looking for a good keyboard app

cstrasz

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm still trying to find a good replacement app for the stock keyboard. Nothing so far seems to be as good with the autocorrection as what I found with the iPhone previously.

I tried SwiftKey and found it would all too often try to auto correct to words that were rarely used, forcing me to have to edit and fix them a lot.

Also tried Google keyboard and while it's a bit better about this, inserting words and fixing typos is horrendous. It hates tacking onto a word (like if it somehow registered bo instead of boat, trying to add the at to the end of bo is an exercise in frustration). Not only that it will often times just completely at random move the cursor to the next line when trying to fix a typo, and start inserting words at locations I never clicked at, sometimes adding in phrases. Wtf.

Anyways, any other good alternatives out there? One of the few things I'm still not satisfied with on this otherwise great phone.

Posted via Android Central App

cstrasz

May 12, 2013
Visit site
On a slightly related note, does anyone else get annoyed that the stock browser will sometimes add .comment when you're trying to type a phrase in the Url field to Google search? Seems hit or miss.

cstrasz

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Testinf oht thr autocotrext kerr thr smart keybosrd Price. Lange, how kerr kerr changinf slme kerr thesr words?

Wow, okay stay away from smart keyboard pro lol. That statement above was typed out as:

"Testing out the autocorrect of the smart keyboard pro. Wow, how come it's changing some of these words?"

Pretty interesting to see how horribly off some of these autocorrect algorithms are. Lol.

cstrasz

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Okay testing.out the hhackers keyboard.to see.how.it's.doing..not sure wbh it.keeps.adding.in.periods. Mayve.I have fat ffingers. In the.stock notepad it.was arbitrarily adding.in spaces and.carrryinf the.word to the.next.word I was typing. Hmm. Wonder.if.all these.keyboard.apps.are.clashing.with.one.another.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I think kii is great.. Eliminate SwiftKey because op said he already tried it and doesn't like it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Swiftkey is a very good keyboard app, although I like the stock app on here for some reason.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney