Battery Draining Incredibly Quick

acyr90

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
My battery is draining much faster than I would assume it should. In just under an hour, the battery has dropped 39% and the weird thing is the usage isn't from games and movies and the like, but rather 2 apps called "Android System" and "HTC Sense." This is my first HTC phone so I don't know what either of these apps are or how I can prevent them from using so much power. Attached is a screenshot of my usage after only 52 minutes of usage from the last charge.

I have all my auto-syncing turned off. The last 2 apps I downloaded were one to show my battery percentage (Battery) and one to wake up the phone when I get a text message (Screen Notifications). Would either one of these suck my battery dry? Other than that, the only apps I have are those two games that are shown in the usage picture as well as Facebook/twitter/Instagram/etc, none of which sync or send me notifications. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, is there a standard for charging a battery to full, watching a certain video, and seeing how far the battery drops during that time span? Thanks

Edit: Sorry for the HUGE picture, I don't know how to resize it.

Double Edit: As the picture shows, this is with power saver mode on as well.

6lYsbzZ.png

aamirani

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Download Wakelock Detector and a Battery Monitor. Try using them for a day and see what you find out. If there isn't anything it's probably a faulty unit or battery. You can try to reset your phone to factory if you would like to.

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah you have to download wakelock detector. Apps like Facebook cause lots of wakelocks in the background even if it's not syncing.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

acyr90

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Sweet, I'll definitely try wakelock detector. Also, is there a benchmark for testing battery life? EG watch a certain video for a certain amount of time and see how much battery is drained? Thanks for the replies

llampkin1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I definitely need to try Wake lock too... My battery life isn't good and I'm not playing games or watching videos either...

Posted via Android Central App

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
py5ygabe.jpg
ehu6ypu3.jpg
3a7u6aqe.jpg
Interesting... I've been busy surfing fb about 45 min. Nothing else and am on wifi. Battery has dropped about 20% that seems a little much

Haven't used chrome.. FB, twitter, instagram.. Why would chrome be sucking this much juice?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12