My battery is draining much faster than I would assume it should. In just under an hour, the battery has dropped 39% and the weird thing is the usage isn't from games and movies and the like, but rather 2 apps called "Android System" and "HTC Sense." This is my first HTC phone so I don't know what either of these apps are or how I can prevent them from using so much power. Attached is a screenshot of my usage after only 52 minutes of usage from the last charge.

I have all my auto-syncing turned off. The last 2 apps I downloaded were one to show my battery percentage (Battery) and one to wake up the phone when I get a text message (Screen Notifications). Would either one of these suck my battery dry? Other than that, the only apps I have are those two games that are shown in the usage picture as well as Facebook/twitter/Instagram/etc, none of which sync or send me notifications. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, is there a standard for charging a battery to full, watching a certain video, and seeing how far the battery drops during that time span? Thanks

Edit: Sorry for the HUGE picture, I don't know how to resize it.

Double Edit: As the picture shows, this is with power saver mode on as well.

07-27-2013 08:04 PM
    Download Wakelock Detector and a Battery Monitor. Try using them for a day and see what you find out. If there isn't anything it's probably a faulty unit or battery. You can try to reset your phone to factory if you would like to.
    07-28-2013 12:14 AM
    Yeah you have to download wakelock detector. Apps like Facebook cause lots of wakelocks in the background even if it's not syncing.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    07-28-2013 12:30 AM
    Sweet, I'll definitely try wakelock detector. Also, is there a benchmark for testing battery life? EG watch a certain video for a certain amount of time and see how much battery is drained? Thanks for the replies
    07-28-2013 12:49 AM
    I definitely need to try Wake lock too... My battery life isn't good and I'm not playing games or watching videos either...

Posted via Android Central App
    07-28-2013 07:21 AM
    Interesting... I've been busy surfing fb about 45 min. Nothing else and am on wifi. Battery has dropped about 20% that seems a little much

Haven't used chrome.. FB, twitter, instagram.. Why would chrome be sucking this much juice?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-28-2013 08:40 AM