stuck pixel

SC1

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
So I have a such pixel on my one. Do you think I should return it? Its on the bottom right, and i can barely notice it.

Posted via Android Central App

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
So I have a such pixel on my one. Do you think I should return it? Its on the bottom right, and i can barely notice it.

If its just stuck they do make apps that can fix it sometimes. If its dead then I'd return it if I was you! Would annoy me to no end as well!

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site

The answer to this question, as the previous poster pointed out, is if it's bothering you then yes you should get a replacement because I can tell you from personal experience it will simply drive you nuts. Especially if you are like me and on the OCD-side. No matter how small and seemingly unnoticeable it might be, if it bothers you, it will be the first thing you notice every time you look at the screen.

The first device I received had a dead/stuck pixel and it was bright white and in a very noticeable location. Other than that the device was perfect so at first I decided to keep it but after 2-3 days it was driving me nuts so I sent it back for a replacement. The second device also had a stuck pixel but it was a darker color, smaller and in a lacation that is covered by something else most of the time so I decided to keep it and it hasn't been an issue for me. If you do decide to get a replacement consider the following first:

Stuck/dead pixels are more common on LCD screens than other screens and as you probably know the One has an LCD display. It is possible that the replacement phone could also have a stuck/dead pixel and maybe even more than the phone you have now. I realize this is a high-end/high-price phone and it should be perfect, however be prepared for the possibility that it may take more than one replacement to get a phone you consider acceptable.

In my experience the apps that claim to be able to fix stuck pixels are a waste of time but they are free so why not give them a try before you request a replacement?. Some of these apps only test for dead/stuck pixels but they don't fix them. These are two free apps (neither worked for me) that supposedly fix stuck pixels. There are paid versions as well but I would never pay for one of these apps.

Dead Pixel Detect And Fix
LCD Pixel Tester

Note - If the pixel is dead it can't be fixed. If the pixel is stuck there is a chance it will un-stick itself. Dead pixels are usually bright white. Stuck pixels usually have some color.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Will HTC take exchanges for a stuck pixel?

Not sure but as the previous post states they do have apps that can fix a stuck pixel.. I had one that kind of bugged me but it went away after using one of the apps on the market to fix it

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Not sure but as the previous post states they do have apps that can fix a stuck pixel.. I had one that kind of bugged me but it went away after using one of the apps on the market to fix it

I think it depends where you purchased the phone. I bought mine from Newegg and they sent me a replacement overnight delivery because the first phone had a dead/stuck pixel. I have heard of some places not sending replacements for this reason. I'm not sure what HTC's policy is if you purchased the phone directly from them.

@Topgonzo what app did you use to fix the stuck pixel on your phone? Was it one of the ones I linked to or a different app?

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I think it depends where you purchased the phone. I bought mine from Newegg and they sent me a replacement overnight delivery because the first phone had a dead/stuck pixel. I have heard of some places not sending replacements for this reason. I'm not sure what HTC's policy is if you purchased the phone directly from them.

@Topgonzo what app did you use to fix the stuck pixel on your phone? Was it one of the ones I linked to or a different app?

It was the one you linked. Dead pixel test and fix. Great app

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
It was the one you linked. Dead pixel test and fix. Great app

Great app for you. Unfortunately not so much for me :mad:

I am glad to hear these apps do actually work for some people. It's possible the pixel on my phone is dead and not stuck and that's why the app couldn't fix it.

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I bought mine from amazon. Should I contact HTC or amazon?

When did you purchase the phone? Are you still within the 14-day return period? If you are then I would research Amazon's exchange policy. Like I said previously I purchased my phone from Newegg and they took the first phone back no problem and sent out a replacement via overnight delivery within 24-hrs of receiving the phone I sent back. I was very impressed with Newegg's overall service. I am not familiar with Amazon's return/exchange policy on cell phones but I would look into that first if you are still within the return window.

SC1

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Looks like amazon has a 30 day exchange policy if the phone is defective. I think I'll do that.

lewis20133

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Im on my second replacement of an HTC One, with a dead pixel. This is getting really annoying... I waited a week for the other to go anyway, I only have 3 more days to exchange it. Mine never goes away, and I tried pixel scrubbers. How long do they need to run? PS I don't know about my phone but, the colors make me feel queasy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz