How much RAM do you usually use up?

coldjeanz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Mine hovers at around 550-610 most of the time (out of 1.5 GB). Don't feel like I'm running very many things either but I can't tell if that's normal or very high.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine hovers at around 550-610 most of the time (out of 1.5 GB). Don't feel like I'm running very many things either but I can't tell if that's normal or very high.

That's normal. I am using Google Music streaming right now and near that.

Android does good with memory management. I wouldn't worry about it :).

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1375210446185.jpg
    1375210446185.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 53

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
But I know from experience that running at 80%+ RAM usage will significantly slow your phone down and create lag everywhere. Having the RAM available doesn't mean it is a good idea to use all of it up :)

He is right its wasted. And was the experience with a old phone? The phones now a day should be good.

Honestly I wouldn't monitor it.. Does nothing but cause you worry over nothing. If you are that worried just reboot every night before bed.. I do that then charge it while I sleep. Easy way to clean out cache and RAM.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
My S4 (at&t) uses much more than this Note 8, that's for sure. Outta the 2GB it's not uncommon for it to hit 80% or more but the Go CleanMaster scrubber takes quick care of that. Me Note 8 hovers around 800MB-1GB.

Sent from me LTE Note 8.0

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Outta the 2GB it's not uncommon for it to hit 80% or more but the Go CleanMaster scrubber takes quick care of that
You shouldn't do this. A modern OS should not see a performance hit even with less than 5% free RAM. You want your RAM in use, it will make your device faster. Or, really, it will make using frequently used apps faster. If you're constantly "cleaning" your RAM then you're removing data that will just have to be loaded back into RAM when you next launch a frequently used app.