This is probably a stupid question, I have an HTC ONE by T-Mobile and I am wondering what USB Debugging means and what this does. I just got my phone and I am still playing with it and getting to know the phone, so I don't want to do or activate something that will change the way my phone works. Any help is welcome. Thanks

Posted via Android Central App
    Aquila likes this.
    08-04-2013 04:53 AM
    Basically it allows you to connect a PC to your phone/tablet and to translate device and the Android SDK. It can be thought of as an access level, used for coding/testing, run terminal commands with ADB (useful for trying to restore from a soft-brick, to gain root or unlock a bootloader, etc), and to read logs from the phone, as well as some other functions. Basically something you don't have to worry about unless you're performing a function that requires USB Debugging to be on.
    tminshew_tm and davidtm like this.
    08-04-2013 04:59 AM
    Thank you for helping me out with this info and taking the time to reply. It really helped me out. O just didn't want to do anything with it until i knew what it was. Now i won't touch it.... Thanks again for the help and your time.

08-04-2013 07:49 AM
    Thank you for helping me out with this info and taking the time to reply. It really helped me out. O just didn't want to do anything with it until i knew what it was. Now i won't touch it.... Thanks again for the help and your time.

No problem, welcome to the forums!
    08-04-2013 11:12 AM