Android Device Manager arrives

initial_dna

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Guys, my One just received Android Device Manager update this morning. ADM is a google service similar to IOS Where's my iphone service that enables us to track, lock or wipe our device. No words on the apps for managing it though. You can check it out under settings-security-device administrators

Posted via Android Central App

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
How'd you get it? Did you just restart your phone and it showed up? Also, which Android version are you on? Thanks

initial_dna

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
It just shows up, I might've restarted my phone prior, Im not sure though. However no notification before nor after. I'm on 4 2.2 but everyone from 2.x will get it

Posted via Android Central App

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a Nexus 4 with 4.3, and ADM is there. I don't know when or how it showed up though. I still haven't figured out how to access it online though.

davidtm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have One with 4.1.2 on Sprint, and it's there. However, I can't say when/how it arrived, as I never knew about it before.

Ken CleanAir System

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Showed up this morning on my old Nexus 7 (2012). Still hasn't shown up on either my HTC One or my new Nexus 7 (2013) though even after rebooting both devices. All devices are stock, and not rooted.

LuvrGirl

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Showed up this morning on my old Nexus 7 (2012). Still hasn't shown up on either my HTC One or my new Nexus 7 (2013) though even after rebooting both devices. All devices are stock, and not rooted.

I have it as on option on my AT&T Galaxy S4, running 4.2.2 Stock. I just checked it off to enable it... but not sure how to proceed from there to manage it or anything.

~Maria

Grizzly_Atoms

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
its pretty useless as it is if we dont know how and from where to locate the phone.

You'll surely want to check and see if you're one of the chosen few, so here's how you can do that. Grab your phone, and open the settings. Under the Security section, look for the Device administrators section. Tap it, and see what's there.

I'm in the US on AT&T and I have it on mine now.

anon(5421739)

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I got it earlier today on my One. Until they release an app or something there's not much to do with it right now.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34