My WiFi is not turning off like it used to after a certain period of inactivity the only thing I did differently is turn on "y5 battery saver" so it turns my WiFi on/off promptly when I leave or enter a known WiFi area.Also I have sleep mode and data connection under power saver enabled.
    08-07-2013 05:45 PM
    Take a look at this piece from PCMag and adjust your settings accordingly: Android 4.3's New 'Always-On' Wi-Fi Feature Buried in Settings | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Update: My Bad, new to these forums focused on Nexus 7 (2013 Edition) Jellybean 4.3 and Chromecast and didn't note that his was HTC One with earlier version. Hope you find an answer.
    08-07-2013 07:21 PM
    I'm only on 4.1.2
    08-07-2013 09:58 PM
    So is it better for WiFi to sleep with the power saver's data connection setting enabled or should I put the sleep policy to never?
    08-07-2013 10:10 PM
    So is it better for WiFi to sleep with the power saver's data connection setting enabled or should I put the sleep policy to never?
    I have the setting in Wi-Fi to never turn off and also I have the deep-sleep setting in Energy options enabled. This way Wi-Fi won't turn off while the phone is locked unless it is locked for more than an hour or so. I have never read how much the deep-sleep setting waits to enter this state.

I haven't needed the Power Saver since I got the One a couple of months ago. I would leave the Wi-Fi always on and set the Power Saver settings to turn off data connection when the phone is locked. Wi-Fi consumes less power than the cellular radios.
    08-07-2013 10:54 PM
    I have the setting in Wi-Fi to never turn off and also I have the deep-sleep setting in Energy options enabled. This way Wi-Fi won't turn off while the phone is locked unless it is locked for more than an hour or so. I have never read how much the deep-sleep setting waits to enter this state.

I haven't needed the Power Saver since I got the One a couple of months ago. I would leave the Wi-Fi always on and set the Power Saver settings to turn off data connection when the phone is locked. Wi-Fi consumes less power than the cellular radios.
    What do u mean by deep sleep in energy options?
    08-08-2013 12:36 PM