Sprint HTC one, stock, unrooted.

Yesterday I noticed that my phone was stuck in landscape view in every app that I used (it was only on portrait when looking at my home screens). Even when I would press phone and access the dialer and when entering the settings menu it would show as landscape. I also noticed that it wouldn't charge. After a factory reset I had the same problems, and now some apps wouldn't update due to "invalid package". I turned off my wifi and tried installing updates on 3G and some of the apps would update (air droid and several google apps like hangouts still wouldn't update). I tried to recalibrate the g sensor but in landscape mode it was just a big white box. I tried another factory reset and the charging problem was fixed for a few hours, but then reverted back to not charging. I then tried a soft reset and the landscape problem disappeared but the charging issue is still there. My screen now auto rotates and the g sensor calibration functions normally. I just noticed that I can charge the phone if I perform a soft reset, however i can't let the phone power back up or it stops charging. Also, if I just power off the phone and plug it in it won't charge, it has to be after a soft reset. Any ideas? Has anyone heard of anything like this?

Oh, and to preemptively answer the question, the only thing I installed within 24 hours of the problem was Smart IR remote, but I never got around to actually using it.
    08-08-2013 03:23 PM
    I've asked about this as I drew a blank. As far as your charging issue, you'll probably need to exchange your device or get a warranty claim. The apps not installing is a Google thing with the latest Play Store version. Good luck.

Sprint HTC one, stock, unrooted.

Yesterday I noticed that my phone was stuck in landscape view in every app that I used (it was only on portrait when looking at my home screens). Even when I would press phone and access the dialer and when entering the settings menu it would show as landscape. I also noticed that it wouldn't charge. After a factory reset I had the same problems, and now some apps wouldn't update due to "invalid package". I turned off my wifi and tried installing updates on 3G and some of the apps would update (air droid and several google apps like hangouts still wouldn't update). I tried to recalibrate the g sensor but in landscape mode it was just a big white box. I tried another factory reset and the charging problem was fixed for a few hours, but then reverted back to not charging. I then tried a soft reset and the landscape problem disappeared but the charging issue is still there. My screen now auto rotates and the g sensor calibration functions normally. I just noticed that I can charge the phone if I perform a soft reset, however i can't let the phone power back up or it stops charging. Also, if I just power off the phone and plug it in it won't charge, it has to be after a soft reset. Any ideas? Has anyone heard of anything like this?

Oh, and to preemptively answer the question, the only thing I installed within 24 hours of the problem was Smart IR remote, but I never got around to actually using it.
    08-08-2013 03:48 PM
    Thank Scott. This thing has been driving me nuts. That landscape issue was quickly stripping my sanity, lol. I'll exchange it, maybe see if they'll let me get a black One instead of silver.
    08-08-2013 03:53 PM
    I had this same problem last night or the night before,along with my phone dialing 23456 people in my pocket and blasting my music. Went to sprint and told them about it and he said to take it to a cooperate store so they can connect it to a machine and see if it can find problems. My first One did the same thing before the USB port died, so I only give it a couple days if not hours before this one dose the same thing. I love this phone to death, but the more and more problems i have with it, and the more I hear about HTC being slowly flushed, I cant help but think what if I made a mistake?
    08-08-2013 04:32 PM
    I'm having exactly the same issue ( see similar post)
    spoke to htc live chat did all usual diagnostics inc full reset.

Phone will only charge if booted into recovery and powered off whilst getting bright dim off led sequence.

Need to arrange for it to be returned to,the service centre and wait approx 5 days. Phone only 2 months old and working perfectly until yesterday!

This was one of mt concerns moving from iPhone and the aftercare, now have to wait and then go through the pain in.the **** restore process.

Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be a flaw with the phone but does seem to be an issue looking at this post and replies.
    08-09-2013 08:05 AM
    Have ordered by service being picked up Monday. Will let you know how I get on got all the usual disclaimers re water damage etc.

Hopefully a satisfactory outcome.
    08-09-2013 10:47 AM
    I'm having exactly the same issue ( see similar post)
    spoke to htc live chat did all usual diagnostics inc full reset.

Phone will only charge if booted into recovery and powered off whilst getting bright dim off led sequence.

Need to arrange for it to be returned to,the service centre and wait approx 5 days. Phone only 2 months old and working perfectly until yesterday!

This was one of mt concerns moving from iPhone and the aftercare, now have to wait and then go through the pain in.the **** restore process.

Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be a flaw with the phone but does seem to be an issue looking at this post and replies.
    How did you chat with them on HTC.com?
    08-09-2013 11:29 AM
    Live chat was an option under support and email or phone sometimes it doesn't appear ( I think when all agents are busy)

I'm in England so may also be geographic

https://support.htc.com/en-uk
    08-09-2013 11:40 AM
    Mine returned by HTC and now working. Support just said they refreshed software. But don't know if they know anything.

Hopefully no more problems but put me off rooting and custom roms as only 2 months old and don't want HTC using an excuse if something goes wrong.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-20-2013 04:49 PM
    Has anyone thought of of simulating a battery pull?

Hold in your power button. The power off/restart screen will appear but keep pressing. Then your home and back buttons will blink and your phone will attempt to restart. Once the screen goes black, release power button and phone will reboot.
    08-20-2013 05:27 PM
    Has anyone thought of of simulating a battery pull?

Hold in your power button. The power off/restart screen will appear but keep pressing. Then your home and back buttons will blink and your phone will attempt to restart. Once the screen goes black, release power button and phone will reboot.
    Tried about 20 times and full restore. Would only charge if I did the above and held volume down. And then select power down

Now have a problem with auto rotate can't disable it to force permanent portrait mode

Posted via Android Central App
    08-20-2013 05:46 PM
    I'm on my third M7 from T-Mo, all with the same problem. So glad it's not just me and someone else is experiencing this. I was beginning to go crazy.

Spoke with HTC tech support and they don't have a clue. They suggested it was software and after a factory reset it stopped doing it. But then it just started up again two days ago and this time a factory reset didn't cure it.

Here are additional symptoms I experience:
    - complains about unsupported charger, even when not plugged in
    - randomly switches to car mode
    - will only charge when powered down

I'm ready to switch to an S4. Will sell the new M7 replacement (my 4th M7) as soon as it arrives.
    09-13-2013 11:47 PM
    Had mine back now for 12 hours from htc they seem to have fixed fingers crossed took 3 attempts though

1st time - they reflashed and temporarily filled for a couple of days
    2nd time - they returned as could not find a problem - despite me including a letter with detail that it was random
    3rd time - after escalating and writing another letter they have advised fixed I asked support what and they advised they replaced a speaker?? And one of the boards?

In the last 12 hours been working as normal, as these issues seem do not seem to be widespread my guess is that it has to be hardware... I would have though software would be causing more people problems and a re-store of stock or reflash of a new rom should fix - but has confirmed it doesn't always.

I also got the issues on the 2nd attemp without any 3rd party software installed when i tested without as expected that to be their next excuse!

If something goes wrong again I will be insisting on a new unit from my retailer / network who I have already escalated a complaint to as they are responsible for the warranty under uk law. Probably a total of 28 days without my device with the time it has not been working, being fixed and in transit between me and HTC.

Phone only 3 months old. And when it was working I was loving it......
    09-14-2013 12:48 AM