Capacitive buttons don't turn off

palanilopez12

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I know some have mentioned they don't turn on unless it's really really dark. But for some reason mine won't turn off. Even when it's in sunlight. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

mcox1124

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Is your auto brightness off? If it is, try turning it on, or at least turning it up.

If that doesn't do it and auto brightness is on, hold your thumb over/on the light sensor on the top left side of your phone above the screen until your screen dims. Then let go and see if the capacitive buttons turn off.

Also try a hard reset by holding down your power button until the phone reboots. While you're holding down the power button, check to see if your capacitive buttons flash. If they don't, I'd say you might have a warranty issue.

Posted via Android Central App

palanilopez12

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Just held down the sensors and the lights won't turn off...they seem to just turn off when they feel like it...even in sunlight though they will be on

palanilopez12

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Just did a hard reset and the lights did flash...I'm in bright light now though and buttons are still on

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Entire face of the phone clean? If there's some gunk over the light sensor, that could also interfere with its function. Another way to tell if the sensor is working correctly is if the screen is adjusting appropriately to ambient light on Automatic Brightness.

palanilopez12

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Entire face of the phone clean? If there's some gunk over the light sensor, that could also interfere with its function. Another way to tell if the sensor is working correctly is if the screen is adjusting appropriately to ambient light on Automatic Brightness.

Yeah the screen adjusts correctly...I covered the sensors and the screen dimmed like it should...let them go and it got brighter...capacitive buttons will go off and on as they please...since the hard reset they turned off once...but now they are back on in bright *** light

palanilopez12

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Just turned the screen off...waited a few minutes and turned it back on...and the buttons were off...now they are on...brightness of ambient lighting hasn't changed

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Was there an update recently in regard to the buttons? The following thread mentions an update that fixed something with the buttons, but the poster says that afterwards, they stay lit all the time.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one/285869-capacitive-buttons-light-after-updat.html

If you want to turn them off manually, you could try Screen Filter, which I worked for my old Droid Incredible. Be aware, though, that if the screen is dimmed using an app like this, you might have problems pressing the install button on the Amazon Appstore (weird glitch)--it works fine once you turn off the filter.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20