12-14-2018 07:23 AM
44 12
tools
    I too am having this exact same problem with the app notifications on 90 prevent of my application notifications turned off and only a select few on with different sounds of notifications, I am still getting this basic random notification sound. So as this happens there is no pop up that comes with it. If I use the ultimate power saver it does not do it of course that shuts down most of the background. I'm pretty techy but this is not easy to figure out and nothing is showing when it happens
    08-29-2016 07:26 AM
    I too am having this problem, and I have shut off each of my icons to see which one is causing the problem and even with notifications off and only a select few on it is doing it and not showing what application is causing the problem. No pop ups come in when this is going on and I am pretty techy and can't figure it out
    Any new apps you downloaded?
    08-29-2016 08:40 AM
    So annoying! Ever since I downloaded the latest update, this notification sound is randomly going off throughout the day. I do not have any notifications on. I don't have any games, except for Words with Friends, but that notification is off also. it's not coming from the ringer as I need to mute it at work. It's coming from the media sound. If I mute it, it's gone...but then I can't watch or listen to music until I turn it back up.

Do we have a solution?
    Yes i found everytime i took my credit cards out of my flip case it wouldnt make bleeping noise as soon as they were bck in ..off it went again i have heard of magnet in the flipcase also can cause same thing to happen ..but definately cards setting mine off ...hope this helps peeps 😉
    Dan_B1979 likes this.
    09-12-2016 03:56 PM
    Yes i found everytime i took my credit cards out of my flip case it wouldnt make bleeping noise as soon as they were bck in ..off it went again i have heard of magnet in the flipcase also can cause same thing to happen ..but definately cards setting mine off ...hope this helps peeps ������
    Welcome to Android Central! What you were experiencing was an NFC notification caused by a credit card with an NFC chip embedded in it.
    09-12-2016 11:17 PM
    TKS!
    10-30-2016 06:53 PM
    Thanks, I was experiencing a similar situation and when I disabled data roaming the chirping sounds stopped (were going off every 40 to 72 seconds!
    11-07-2016 02:58 PM
    A good counter question is do you have any icons in the notification bar? That can be your first step in finding what it is. Strange thing though is almost all apps use the default sound until you change it via the in app settings.
    But the icon in notification bar is voice call..
    11-11-2016 07:25 AM
    But the icon in notification bar is voice call..
    Welcome to the forums. Have you tried rebooting the device?
    11-11-2016 08:43 AM
    I get a strange notification - not roaming. Mine happens when the accellerometer detects a change in attitude, especially from normal "portrait" mode to up side down. If I hold it perfectly vertically on the threshold point it can sit there beeping away almost constantly. Its a 2 tone double beep unlike any other notification. Gets quite annoying, and I have turned off just about every notification sound apart from the standard one for texts/emails. Any suggestions?
    11-22-2016 03:50 PM
    I recently purchased a S7 and I started getting these annoying notifications. I tried all what was suggested and it was still coming. I lastly went into settings>sounds and vibrations>select silent under notification instead of the default selected and the apps that I need their notifications I just set it individually inside each. Under vibration i just minimised the notification bar.
    12-20-2016 01:45 PM
    Yes i found everytime i took my credit cards out of my flip case it wouldnt make bleeping noise as soon as they were bck in ..off it went again i have heard of magnet in the flipcase also can cause same thing to happen ..but definately cards setting mine off ...hope this helps peeps 😉
    I switched off nfc, my bank card or London Underground Oyster Card caused it to bleep.
    Muthuselvan likes this.
    01-16-2017 01:28 PM
    My issue is solved by Disabling the NFC.

My bus card in the phone cover was getting detected by NFC.

Or Bus Card has to be removed from mobile phone cover..
    02-26-2017 12:08 AM
    If you go into your settings, then to sound, then click off the check mark on the "screen lock sound" box.... it will stop.
    05-13-2017 04:34 PM
    Thank You! This solved my problem!
    09-02-2017 07:41 PM
    I found that notification blocker does it
    09-28-2017 06:35 AM
    Hi,

I am having a notification sound from time to time, without any of kind understanding where it comes from. Any idea of how can i discovery the origin of it?

Many thanks...
    go to ur settings click on sound and vibration. chose volume .then media move all the way to the left that will turn it off.
    11-18-2017 11:03 AM
    S8+
    1. Go to settings
    2 go to sounds and vibrations
    3. Go down and click notification sounds
    4. Go to default notification sound and click silent
    01-17-2018 06:09 AM
    I was going crazy too because I started to have this crazy notification teasing me very often, so I found a good tip on you tube... Go to accessibility and disable notification reminder.. This should be sufficient to bring you some peace
    10-02-2018 11:04 PM
    By the way, I got the same anoying sound, I tryed all your tips, didnt work. Then a couple hours ago, my cell borders turn red, notifying me the memory was getting full. So I erase all my pictures and videos of my camera storage. The borders turn back to normal and sound stopped. I guess is a feature to remind you the storage is getting full. There is no setting, I could find it thru your instructions. But finally my cell stop making those noises. I had to turn off all sounds in order to shut my phone up. Even the ring sound. Missed a lot of calls, but phone keep vibrating. Awful but finally solved. Finally, Cheers... My cell is a Huawei Y5 lite 2018 CAG-L23 with android 8.1
    12-14-2018 07:23 AM
44 12