unknown notification sound

HarrisKapur

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Its a new and supposed to be a very useful feature, which I think we were lacking in Android called "Notification Reminder" under Settings>Personal>Accessibility>Notification Reminder where you can set up repeated reminders for missed notifications for the apps which are of high priority for you, such as voice mail or text messages. Make sure you choose right "remind interval" and allow only those apps that you want notifications for, as soon they are available.

Also, make sure you go to Settings>Device>Sounds and notifications>App notification and block all unnecessary notifications because they are all on by default when you install them. Which will make this an ongoing process because you have to disable these notifications each time you install a new app.

Like if you save some Battery Life with this suggestion.

Last edited:

Hawkeberry

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Its a new and supposed to be a very useful feature, which I think we were lacking in Android called "Notification Reminder" under Settings>Personal>Accessibility>Notification Reminder where you can set up repeated reminders for missed notifications for the apps which are of high priority for you, such as voice mail or text messages. Make sure you choose right "remind interval" and allow only those apps that you want notifications for, as soon they are available.

Solved the problem in my Note 4 with this. Thanks a lot

Kingsley Ifeanyi

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site

Also, make sure you go to Settings>Device>Sounds and notifications>App notification and block all unnecessary notifications because they are all on by default when you install them. Which will make this an ongoing process because you have to disable these notifications each time you install a new app.

Thanks a lot, yet to experience it since i applied those settings. You are the best!

cscopeland79

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

Notification reminder! This was it! Thank you so much! On my dad's Galaxy S5 it was in Settings-->Accessibility-->Vision (frickin' vision!?! [Yes... vision]), scroll to the bottom and it's like 3rd or 4th from the bottom.

Torre Waller

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I too am having this exact same problem with the app notifications on 90 prevent of my application notifications turned off and only a select few on with different sounds of notifications, I am still getting this basic random notification sound. So as this happens there is no pop up that comes with it. If I use the ultimate power saver it does not do it of course that shuts down most of the background. I'm pretty techy but this is not easy to figure out and nothing is showing when it happens

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I too am having this problem, and I have shut off each of my icons to see which one is causing the problem and even with notifications off and only a select few on it is doing it and not showing what application is causing the problem. No pop ups come in when this is going on and I am pretty techy and can't figure it out

Any new apps you downloaded?

grumpymum76

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
So annoying! Ever since I downloaded the latest update, this notification sound is randomly going off throughout the day. I do not have any notifications on. I don't have any games, except for Words with Friends, but that notification is off also. it's not coming from the ringer as I need to mute it at work. It's coming from the media sound. If I mute it, it's gone...but then I can't watch or listen to music until I turn it back up.

Do we have a solution?

Yes i found everytime i took my credit cards out of my flip case it wouldnt make bleeping noise as soon as they were bck in ..off it went again i have heard of magnet in the flipcase also can cause same thing to happen ..but definately cards setting mine off ...hope this helps peeps 😉

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes i found everytime i took my credit cards out of my flip case it wouldnt make bleeping noise as soon as they were bck in ..off it went again i have heard of magnet in the flipcase also can cause same thing to happen ..but definately cards setting mine off ...hope this helps peeps ������

Welcome to Android Central! What you were experiencing was an NFC notification caused by a credit card with an NFC chip embedded in it.

Ark_007

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, I was experiencing a similar situation and when I disabled data roaming the chirping sounds stopped (were going off every 40 to 72 seconds!

Craigy90

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
I get a strange notification - not roaming. Mine happens when the accellerometer detects a change in attitude, especially from normal "portrait" mode to up side down. If I hold it perfectly vertically on the threshold point it can sit there beeping away almost constantly. Its a 2 tone double beep unlike any other notification. Gets quite annoying, and I have turned off just about every notification sound apart from the standard one for texts/emails. Any suggestions?

Adobit

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
I recently purchased a S7 and I started getting these annoying notifications. I tried all what was suggested and it was still coming. I lastly went into settings>sounds and vibrations>select silent under notification instead of the default selected and the apps that I need their notifications I just set it individually inside each. Under vibration i just minimised the notification bar.

ChicMac

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
Yes i found everytime i took my credit cards out of my flip case it wouldnt make bleeping noise as soon as they were bck in ..off it went again i have heard of magnet in the flipcase also can cause same thing to happen ..but definately cards setting mine off ...hope this helps peeps 😉
I switched off nfc, my bank card or London Underground Oyster Card caused it to bleep.

Muthuselvan

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
My issue is solved by Disabling the NFC.

My bus card in the phone cover was getting detected by NFC.

Or Bus Card has to be removed from mobile phone cover..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36