Too good to be true....

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Verizon HTC One Set to Launch With Android 4.3, Sprint, AT&T & T-Mobile Reportedly Awaiting Approval | sidhtech - Really?

"Recently we got an interesting tip from an HTC source who?s been on the money about HTC phones before.
This source said that the Jelly Bean 4.3 update has already been submitted to the four big US carriers ? weeks before the HTC One was bumped up to Android 4.2. It seems, then, that AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile have had the 4.3 update for testing out for some time!"

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Verizon HTC One Set to Launch With Android 4.3, Sprint, AT&T & T-Mobile Reportedly Awaiting Approval | sidhtech - Really?

"Recently we got an interesting tip from an HTC source who?s been on the money about HTC phones before.
This source said that the Jelly Bean 4.3 update has already been submitted to the four big US carriers ? weeks before the HTC One was bumped up to Android 4.2. It seems, then, that AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile have had the 4.3 update for testing out for some time!"

If (and that's a big if) this were true, it would permanently end HTC's image of not being able to keep their devices updated.

Sent from my Google Play Edition HTC ONE.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I won't believe it till there is some hard evidence showing this is true. It's taken this long for the phone to even come out with tons of speculation dates being incorrect... If they aren't getting the dates on release right not sure how they'd get the software version right.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Heck, the article at the very end states:

"All this is just smoke and mirrors at the moment, so don?t take this info as gospel. We?ll let you know more as soon as we find out more."

If they state this, then they might be more credible than you think whether it's right or wrong. I personally think it's about on the money that we will see 4.3 within the next month. Be patient grasshoppers, if they build it, it will come!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This is the recent update from HTC twitter account:

"In North America, we?re working to determine the best path to bring Android updates and the latest HTC Sense to our customers."

If they are working to deliver 4.3, then there is certainly "Here's To Change"...

I meant hope they are.. It would just shock me the Verizon one would launch with it.

NightRacer

May 16, 2013
Visit site
dumb question: if 4.2 is skipped, will 4.3 include all the features of 4.2? Like lock screen widgets? Whats so special about 4.3 anyway, what dose it include?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
dumb question: if 4.2 is skipped, will 4.3 include all the features of 4.2? Like lock screen widgets? Whats so special about 4.3 anyway, what dose it include?

Yes it will. 4.3 has those already since it was the previous version. You'd have to Google 4.3 patch notes to get the full list.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
We need a new version of Sense? What for? Handle your business HTC, stop screwing around and push current versions. Verizon is never going to help you increase your +rep, so work to wipe the egg off your face yourself.