MMS question.....

hendo27

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I recently switched from the iPhone 5 to the htc one. Love the new phone but have a question about MMS. In the settings of the messages app it says the max MMS size is 1000k. When i try to send a picture to someone that is 85kb they get a message saying something like parts of this message has been deleted and they get no picture.
Now if they send me the picture first (same size or bigger) I can send it back no problem.

Hopefully someone here can help me fix this or at least explain it to me.
Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If they are on AT&T they will not be able to receive anything bigger than 650 KB. Any other carrier can take up to 1 MB MMS.

Not sure why AT&T changed this but I've tested it with friends and it's the truth (I found out the answer from Xda)

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the response.
This is happening with pictures around 85kb

Any way you could get a screenshot of the error they receive? Also what type of picture is being sent?

songwvq

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I've tested it with friends and it's the truth
zQRkl47

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 76618

I sent it to myself to show you. This is the pic and the message they get.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Sadly it's AT&T and their picture limits I talked about earlier... But also it isn't always the limits sometimes AT&T will block certain file types if they don't like it. I've noticed with friends they are the worst carrier when it comes to MMS due to reduced size and things like this where it is just ripping the photo out and it shouldn't be..

He'd have to talk to AT&T. I've resolved the issue with my friends by reducing the MMS size.. I do this because I use ChompSMS and you can set the MMS picture limit. I set it lower when sending something to them so it won't do this.