I have a Sprint HTC One, two days ago I started getting a voicemail icon in the status area (not an app store notification, the icon looks like this: o_o). It's for a Visual Voicemail app.

The update is not coming through the Google app store nor through Sprint, so I cancelled it and got curious if this is legit, or is it some third party way of getting updated bloatware on my phone?

I do have a a "Voice" app already, it's a rectangular light blue icon with an upturned phone handset inside the blue rectangle. But I never use it.
    08-18-2013 02:35 PM
    I have a Sprint HTC One, two days ago I started getting a voicemail icon in the status area (not an app store notification, the icon looks like this: o_o). It's for a Visual Voicemail app.

The update is not coming through the Google app store nor through Sprint, so I cancelled it and got curious if this is legit, or is it some third party way of getting updated bloatware on my phone?

I do have a a "Voice" app already, it's a rectangular light blue icon with an upturned phone handset inside the blue rectangle. But I never use it.
    That icon represents that you either have VM or an inbound update. Updates for Sprint do not come through GP.
    Topgonzo likes this.
    08-18-2013 07:29 PM