08-21-2013 04:16 AM
36 12
tools
    Bottom line, HTC has to get the update out by the end of September now. If they don't, there will be a $*** storm of bad press coming their way from the android press (android central), Tech blogs (engadget). Not only that, their reputation will be damaged (how much I don't know); which they can't afford to let that happen.

In my opinion, I have a gut feeling that the carriers will have it no later than mid September to test.(trying to be positive).
    My feeling is that the carriers already have the release, and that they will start pushing OTA by end of September, that is if there are no unexpected issues.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-20-2013 10:21 AM
    True, but Apples maps app wasn't all that bad. It got the job done. At least for never it did lol.
    Yeah. It wasn't too bad on its own, but the lack of in-app Transit directions along with providing incorrect locations sometimes made me have no trust in it. I wouldn't use a Navigation app if I wasn't sure if it'll take me to the right place or not, regardless of how pretty the app itself is.
    Anyway, it looks like the app is better now, and Google has its own Maps app on iOS. Combining that with a jailbreak tweak to set defaults, and it's all good.
    08-20-2013 10:23 AM
    My prediction:

-Rumors will start circulating in a couple of weeks that American Carriers will start to push the OTA by "mid-September", Sprint first, followed closely by ATT/T-Mobile then Verizon
    -Mid September will come and go, and there will be a huge forum thread full of "I got the UPDATE NOTIFICATION BUT I CANT GET IT TO REAPPEAR AGAIN!!" and "Guys, mid september could be anywhere from the 10th to the 22nd." There will be a post on Android Police with a screen shot of the supposed update notification, but nobody in the real world has seen or gotten it.
    -October comes. HTC releases a PR statement (when pushed) that basically says blame the carriers.
    -Two weeks later, Sprint, closely followed by ATT/TMo push it out, citing testing issues.
    -Verizon gets it in June 2014.

Let's see how right I am

All conjecture based purely on past experience (aka BS) of course.
    08-20-2013 11:43 AM
    My prediction:

-Rumors will start circulating in a couple of weeks that American Carriers will start to push the OTA by "mid-September", Sprint first, followed closely by ATT/T-Mobile then Verizon
    -Mid September will come and go, and there will be a huge forum thread full of "I got the UPDATE NOTIFICATION BUT I CANT GET IT TO REAPPEAR AGAIN!!" and "Guys, mid september could be anywhere from the 10th to the 22nd." There will be a post on Android Police with a screen shot of the supposed update notification, but nobody in the real world has seen or gotten it.
    -October comes. HTC releases a PR statement (when pushed) that basically says blame the carriers.
    -Two weeks later, Sprint, closely followed by ATT/TMo push it out, citing testing issues.

Let's see how right I am

I would consider this an educated prediction...your odds of being right are high.

But I hope your wrong...and they actually get it all pushed out by the end of September....yeah right.

BA
    08-20-2013 12:36 PM

Let's see how right I am

In the interest of full disclosure, I am an AT&T subscriber. They released the 4.1.1 update for the HTC One X four (!!!) months after it was rolled out to the international model. They released the 4.1.2 update for the Samsung GS3 over two months after Verizon, who released theirs a month after Sprint and T-Mobile. I think AT&T is a lot more likely to release their update in June 2014
    08-20-2013 12:43 PM
    My prediction:

Let's see how right I am

Lol, you might be right on the money. But I, too, hope you're wrong and hope It rolls out in September.... of this year! haha.
    08-20-2013 02:20 PM
    My prediction:

-October comes. HTC releases a PR statement stating that they are going to skip 4.3 and go directly to Key Lime Pie in January!

Let's see how right I am

Made a minor correction to your post!

HTC - such a promising company at one time, now gone to seed! It's putting out some decent devices, but the post-sales support hasn't been the strongest for some time now.
    08-20-2013 08:07 PM
    Google Maps & YouTube had their own apps after IOS 6 was released.

Posted via AC App by my HTC One.
    Yes, I would know, having used an iPhone. That wasn't the point. Apple decided to screw the user because of their own high and mighty petulance. Since they said screw me, I said screw you, and ditched them.

Daspoo got it right.
    08-20-2013 08:11 PM
    My prediction:

Let's see how right I am

How about this for a thought, they start pushing it out in the next couple of weeks...Sprint first followed by the other carriers.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-20-2013 09:24 PM
    My prediction:

Let's see how right I am

I'd agree with you, except I hope its T-Mobile that gets it first. Lol.

Posted via AC App by my HTC One.
    08-20-2013 09:43 PM
    Wouldn't it be awesome if every carrier OTA'd 4.3 on the same day at the same time?? That would be impressive!

Then I woke up and realized I need to go change my sons diaper.....
    martin larsen likes this.
    08-21-2013 04:16 AM
36 12