HTC to skip 4.2.2 going straight to 4.3

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Keywords: "End of September". Let's hope that:

1. They actually stick to that
2. It's closer to now rather than that date
3. The (Sprint) HTC One is the first one to receive it out of the batch

It's rumored that the carriers have had 4.3 in their hands for a little while, so hopefully that translates into results.

andriver

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully, AT&T is performing their soak test already. Otherwise, it could take long for AT&T to roll it out. I had the same experience with Motorola Atrix.

Nemephosis

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I was skipping all the updates and going right to 5.0 anyway. I thank Apple for that. I used to be of the mindset of "ooo, new OS refresh. Must get immediately!" And then they rolled out iOS6 which removed Google Maps and Youtube, and I was like "well, you know, I don't want this pile of crap... and if that's the way they want to be about it, then I don't want an iPhone anymore for that matter".

So honestly, I can thank Apple for my newfound "be happy with what you're using" attitude.

That, plus I am rooted anyway and so I have to wait until Android Revolution gets up to 5.0 anyway. :p

antheauxny

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I was skipping all the updates and going right to 5.0 anyway. I thank Apple for that. I used to be of the mindset of "ooo, new OS refresh. Must get immediately!" And then they rolled out iOS6 which removed Google Maps and Youtube, and I was like "well, you know, I don't want this pile of crap... and if that's the way they want to be about it, then I don't want an iPhone anymore for that matter".

So honestly, I can thank Apple for my newfound "be happy with what you're using" attitude.

That, plus I am rooted anyway and so I have to wait until Android Revolution gets up to 5.0 anyway. :p

Google Maps & YouTube had their own apps after IOS 6 was released.

Posted via AC App by my HTC One.

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking his point was, when iOS 6 came out, Apple replaced Google Maps as the default nav. That was enough to inspire great deals o' hate in the iCommunity and caused iOS 6 to not be so positively-accepted.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
At least this time HTC themselves made this statement. However, due to carriers testing, we will have to wait a little more. Anyways, I'm happy with the one the way it is, but 4.3 would be nice.

Posted via Android Central App

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if this thread will get as many posts as the famous EVO LTE did....

Posted via Android Central App

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I too had the same "I need the latest update now or I will die" mindset about 10 years ago. Since then, I realized that it doesn't make a big difference in my everyday use. I had HTC phone before they changed their name to HTC. Then I switched to iPhone 5. And now I am back to Android (HTC One). It's all the same with regards to all these phones. There is always the next update. It starts with a rumor. Then a confirmation from the company. Then you will end up waiting for it and once you get it, your phone will be too outdated for that update. Like you, I'm now happy with what I got.

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
This can't be "exactly right" since 2 days from now Verizon is finally getting the ONE and it has 4.2.2 out of the box. Probably take them a year to get 4.3.

tjblum56

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey why waste time, I mean when a new software is available ,that makes everything else old . I would skip 4.2.2 also and go straight to 4.3 , it really doesn't matter because I'm sure 4.4 is right around the corner so just jump on in when and where you want.

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using AC Forums mobile app

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Google Maps & YouTube had their own apps after IOS 6 was released.
Yes, but the Google Maps app didn't come until a few months after iOS 6's release, and until then we had to deal with Apple's Maps which were quite bad.

That's the only time I hated myself for updating my iPhone. I had a jailbreak and had plenty of tweaks, but I upgraded the OS anyway because of all the things they were supposed to be adding to the OS. I regretted that decision for many months.

coldjeanz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Don't really care much for 4.3

What I'm worried about is that there's a chance this phone won't even get 5.0 and if that happens I'm done with HTC forever

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
4.3 has a lot more "under the hood" workings than 4.2.2. 4.2.2 was more of a "visual" refresh with a few new added features but 4.3 has "TRIM" support and is what people should be begging for. AND YES!!! All the features in 4.2.2 will be in 4.3 so don't worry.....

hTc said that the U.S. versions of the ONE will upgraded to 4.3. They said released to the ONE by the end of September. Now, are they meaning released for the ONE to the carriers by the end of Sept. or released OTA to the ONE by end of Sept? They never really specified as far as I'm concerned. But my take is that it will be released for our ONE's by end of Sept. and after carrier certification, it will be released OTA sometime in October.

I have been seriously wrong before so don't hold me to it as this is only my opinion and best guess. :)