Getting my first ever Android phone (the One); some very basic questions:

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Very excited, to say the least.
I am switching from Blackberry, which I have been using for TEN years!

So, what is the best way for me to get rid of any bloatware that comes with the phone? (this will be a Verizon version)
Do I get rid of the bloatware manually or just (somehow) download a different version of the OS?

Also, any other tips/suggestions/advice that you have for a first time Android user; all greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Very excited, to say the least.
I am switching from Blackberry, which I have been using for TEN years!

So, what is the best way for me to get rid of any bloatware that comes with the phone? (this will be a Verizon version)
Do I get rid of the bloatware manually or just (somehow) download a different version of the OS?

Also, any other tips/suggestions/advice that you have for a first time Android user; all greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

To get rid of bloatware completely off the phone you would have to root it and install a Debloated Sense Rom unfortunately if you're going stock the only way to minimize the effects of the bloat is to freeze them through settings/app management.

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
To get rid of bloatware completely off the phone you would have to root it and install a Debloated Sense Rom unfortunately if you're going stock the only way to minimize the effects of the bloat is to freeze them through settings/app management.

Is this difficult to do for a beginner like myself or do you think "freezing" apps is sufficient?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Is this difficult to do for a beginner like myself or do you think "freezing" apps is sufficient?

For now I would use your phone stock for about a month or so maybe a little longer just to make sure there's no defects in the hardware or anything causing you to replace the phone. Freezing them should be sufficient for now but when you truly want to get rid of them go rootzwiki.com and look in the HTC One forums and it'll give you the complete lowdown on rooting and flashing roms.

Now I'm back on iOS but when I had my Android phones once I rooted them I didn't want to go back and I was addicted to flashing LOL I was putting a new rom on my phone almost every week.

Since this is your first foray into Android I would suggest poking around Android first just familiarizing yourself with all the different functionalities especially with Sense, HTC does a great job with their OEM additions. Then when you're comfortable enough root away!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt