Sudden battery drain around 10%

Club Paradise

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else have sudden battery drain once phone reaches around 10%?
I rarely see the battery level go below this percentage.
One minute I get low battery warning then literally 5 minutes later switches itself off.
Not that much of a problem as I usually charge around 20% but still find it a little strange.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Once you get that low, just consider the battery dead.

That's near the absolute bottom limit of voltage at which the phone can operate. So doing any action on the phone can cause a momentary voltage dip but that's just enough that the phone "dies."

Club Paradise

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Ah ok, had a galaxy previously and that went all the way down to 1%.
That final percentage always took ages to drain too which I liked, guess it's different with other phones thou

Paul Bridgeman

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Makes you wander how accurate the battery power percentage readings are on any phone. I would charge when down to 30% anyway just incase.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I usually will never let it get that low so not sure.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I have been concentrating on tracking my device's battery life lately on ViperOne and Bulletproof kernel and mainly all I use is WhatsApp, phone calls and sometimes Facebook Messenger but not often. I have noticed that 1 hour of screen time with constant chatting on WhatsApp usually drains 25% of the battery, which means I can get about 4 hours of screen time with constant WhatsApp chatting and some voice calls. Do you guys think that is good? Oh and it's all done on either Wi-Fi or Mobile Data (doesn't seem to make much of a difference, in all honesty, even though I've always heard Mobile Data uses more) but usually Wi-Fi.

EDIT: To be a bit on topic, I never really let my battery drop below 20% because I've always heard it's bad for it.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I had mine below 10% below on multiple occasions. When the battery reaches 14%, the power saver mode is enabled automatically. Then it is up to you what you do with the phone. If i'm out and about away from home, I just don't use my phone unnecessarily and the power saver helps me with the final last drops of battery juice....