Volume buttons too flush? Vary unit to unit?

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I am going to be picking up my Verizon HTC One tomorrow morning. The one thing that concerned me when looking at them in the AT&T store was how flush the volume and power buttons were. Does this vary from unit to unit or is it pretty much the same on all of them.? If they are different, I might ask to see another unit if the first one I get is too flat. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Posted via Android Central App

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I am going to be picking up my Verizon HTC One tomorrow morning. The one thing that concerned me when looking at them in the AT&T store was how flush the volume and power buttons were. Does this vary from unit to unit or is it pretty much the same on all of them.? If they are different, I might ask to see another unit if the first one I get is too flat. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

it's the same with my one on AT&T.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Did you have issues using the volume controls with the model you saw? If so, it could have been a hardware issue with that particular device. If not, then nothing to worry about :). I'm going to guess you'll be fine. If you have concerns, ask to see another device or model for comparison.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Club Paradise

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
They do vary depending on the batch. On my first HTC one the volume and power button stuck out a 2-3 mm but on the one I'm using now power button is totally flush and volume rocker only sticks out by about 1mm.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I would prefer that they stick out a bit so I will check a few to make sure, if I have to. Thanks, guys!

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
My power button is recessed a bit and it's comfortable enough to press. The volume ones I wish they were more recessed as I find it a bit hard to press from time to time.

Coleman Lee

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Vary unit to unit. Owned 2 silver HTC One's and 3 black HTC One's since it was released. Some of the volume rockers are even, some have the volume down portion more flushed in then then volume up. This didn't bother me as much as the lock button. The flush lock buttons are super hard to press sometimes to unlock the phone, therefore exchanged them via warranty for another that I approved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome