Anyone else having bluetooth-headset sound quality issues with the ONE?

RoberMR

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Haven't heard back and I don't expect to. You may want to try the 5G radio in settings for WiFi. It may help a bit but is not the solution to the problem long term.

Ome ritchy

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Haven't heard back and I don't expect to. You may want to try the 5G radio in settings for WiFi. It may help a bit but is not the solution to the problem long term.

Don't expect anything from google and/or htc, we have to find a solution on our own.
They say it is the problem of htc or google and visa versa.
this can not give an sollution.

The rollout of kit/kat android 4.4.1 i think, should begin in the Netherlands (i haven't got it yet).
did someone tried it yet, and maybe made some changes, with or without root acces, for better sound quality via bluetooth headset with phone calls on HTC one (m7).
the sollution may lay in kitkat and android, something like in this forum,

Android 4.4 fixes Crackly Bluetooth Music Quality : Android

maybe someone did find a solution, and forget to post it or is constant calling with bluetooth headset with perfect sound on the HTC One.
There should be a step by step solution for this.

Goal for this sollution should be, best quality bluetooth sound with a bluetooth headset on HTC One.

is it an hardware problem or a software problem?

the sound on my old HTC x7500 in connection with a simple jabra headset sounds like a landline (for me, the best quality)
on HTC one, not half as good, very poor quality.

i have had same problems with the old X7500, tried severall ROMS, Radio's, Bluetooth stacks, and so on.
i have learned more about windows 6.1 than i wanted, at the end the sollution was simple, step by step.

Android is a totally differend story, but the basics should be the same.
My english is a little bit, not so good sometimes, excuse me.

the first step we have to know is it hardware or a software problem.

again, anyone tried the kitkat and tried to alter it somehow? for better bluetooth calls with a headset?
thankx for reading and thinking.

ronrockb

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
HTC One - Google Play Edition
ATT Carrier
Austin, Texas USA

I have tried 3 plantronics headsets and am forced to do calls using my wired bose noise-cancelling headset since I have yet to find any bluetooth headset that works. I'm just glad that I'm not totally crazy here. Incredibly frustrating as my Samsung worked great with the Plantronics headsets.

ronrockb

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Update:

They admit there is an issue with bluetooth headset distortion.
They admit that they are working on a software solution and that most of the other attempts at fixing through reset and other means have been unsuccessful.
Please, I implore you all, call in and voice your concerns so that they put a replacement policy in place.
They told me to wait for a software solution. I told them others had been waiting more than a year and asked for a better resolution.

daskino

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I also have this issue with terrible bluetooth sound in my car, with an audio system from Renault. I have a Jabra Supreme, sound terrible, and also i have the HTC+ mini phone where there is also a loud ehco when talking in that one. I have now today downloaded and installed firmware version 4.19.401.11, will see if that has changed anything. I have tested an Nokia 206 on these BT systems and the good old Nokia works flawlessly.

danpv

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
My Plantronics 245 BT worked like a charm with my old HTC Thunderbolt but poorly with my new One.

Happily surprised that the cheapie $26 Samsung HM3300 BT works beautifully with my Verizon One.

Ome ritchy

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Dear HTC One users.
I send this to HTC technical support, let you know what they say, if they reply!!

Goodday, i will jump strait to the problem.
i have an HTC one (m7) for about a year now.
the bleutooth in connection with a earpiece is still horrible.
i need this setup for my work, so that i can do my work and call with the earpiece at the same time. for now i use my old HTC x7500 and it works perfect. (after a few months figuring out how to get the best setup, on windows 6.1, new radio's, drivers and so on).
i don't have the time and knowledge about android and the hardware spec, to try and find a solution for this problem. the main question is: is it a hardware problem or a software problem (i don't know). Don't give me the most common solutions like, send the phone to a repair shop, or try other earpieces, because i already did that, it is very simpel, it doesnt work good enough.
what i have learned, the problem lays in the hardware or the software, and sometimes they say google is the problem or beats audio, all and all, the problem isn't solved.
please come with a sollution.

Does anyone know if the (m8) has the same problem???
if not, then maybe HTC can give me the M8 for a replacement for my m7

Last edited:

daddio211

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the M8 has the same issue. I've experienced it first hand on several devices. HTC has no intention or interest in fixing it, repairing or replacing your device. The HTC we used to know is no more. Their customer service department should be renamed "customer hollow promise division".

I'm sad about this as HTC used to be the premier device AND customer service equipment provider in the world, in my opinion. No more. They want you to buy their stuff and if it doesn't work, too bad.

I never thought I'd say this, but next time buy Samsung... or something that the manufacturer will stand behind.

HTC has known about this problem for a long time and rather than repairing it in the M7 they plowed ahead and released the M8 with the same issue. NOT what a responsible manufacturer would do! All of my wasted effort helping them diagnose and resolve the trouble were in vain. Sorry, I tried.

daddio211

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I just realized my full report that I had posted about 2 months ago has been removed. Basically HTC told me to **** off, that they were no longer working on a solution and were aware of the M8 having the same issue. With that perspective maybe you can understand my suggestions above.

Not sure why this site would delete my comments that were critical, although true, and intended to help the members here.

They notified me of a deleted message on the "M8 Hype?" thread stating my info was off-topic. I countered, explaining that the M8 has an issue and I felt that buyers NEEDED to be aware of it.

Guess the admins are on HTC's payroll? Too bad this isn't a forum where we can OPENLY discuss and report on problems. I didn't violate any terms of the site.

I'm done here. Good luck all. Sorry I couldn't get the resolution for you all that HTC promised. But Samsung or something else next time.

Rightrider2

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
I am angry! Mr daddio211, i have not heard from you in a while. I have sent my M7 for repair, it's 3 weeks ago!!!!!!! And not a single mail or report back. Hope I get My phone back(working bluetooth).

Rightrider

daddio211

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I am angry! Mr daddio211, i have not heard from you in a while. I have sent my M7 for repair, it's 3 weeks ago!!!!!!! And not a single mail or report back. Hope I get My phone back(working bluetooth).

Rightrider

Sorry man, I'm done with HTC. Empty promises and lies from senior level management regarding their BT issue, then they release the M8 with the SAME PROBLEM!!!

I wish you the best of luck, but don't expect any improvement when your phone comes back. They know the trouble exists, they either don't know how to fix it or don't want to.

AustinML

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Found this thread after a lot of google searching for this issue. I have a brand new HTC One M8 on Verizon and definitely have this issue. I actually had this phone two weeks ago, went through many many trouble-shooting steps with HTC over e-mail, and eventually took it back to Verizon for a replacement assuming I just had a bad unit. I will say the new unit is slightly better but overall my voice quality on the other end sucks (whether that be a voice-mail, wife's phone, random business I call to test, etc). Of course now that I took advantage of my single 14-day return at Verizon, I'm stuck with this new unit.

I love the phone outside of this issue but I really need a solid bluetooth/wireless headset to use it like I need to. I will continue down the path with HTC but based on this thread I don't have high hopes. I do see that we are now able to get ROMS on this phone. Has anyone tried this with this model or the previous one with any luck?

AustinML

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
No! Same bad tin can sound on outgoing Bluetooth. And there was not a new one, same serialno. Sorry.

Oh no! Mine's already on the way back as well. I guess I'll still hope for the best. Did they way what, if anything, they "fixed"?

It is sure sounding like this is a software issue. Before I sent it in I tried a few ROMS and a few of them had FAR better outgoing bluetooth call quality. I'm now using my old Droid MAXX while waiting for my HTC to come back and it's shocking how much better the bluetooth is on this old phone.

Rightrider2

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Well it just say: component replaced(not phone). I am afraid that they replaced the mic in the phone and not the BT chip. Just a feeling. I have the latest software and firmware. R

Last edited:

AustinML

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Well it just say: unit replaced(not phone). I am afraid that they replaced the mic in the phone and not the BT chip. Just a feeling. I have the latest software and firmware. R

I get mine back today supposedly - still hoping for the best. I wonder what my next step would be if the issue is still there? Start over again with HTC??

AustinML

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Well, I got my phone back with absolutely nothing indicating what, if anything, was done to my phone. I assume a tech basically flashed it back to stock then ran some sort of test on it, it passed, and they sent it back. Anyway, I don't notice any change in outgoing bluetooth headset voice quality. It is still far worse than both my old Droid MAXX and my wife's iPhone 5S.

Knowing almost nothing about smart phone hardware and software, I'm reasonably sure this is a software issue. I've now installed several ROMS on this phone for comparison and for no reasons I can find, some have far better voice quality than others. There are varying degrees in quality among the Sense based ROMs (CleanROM seems the best so far), the AOSP/AOKP ROMs are a bit better and not quite as varied, and Cyanogen seems the best. I would use CM but have really come to like many of the Sense features. Not sure yet if I will go back to HTC to start the cycle again. I somehow doubt I would be able to convince the company of what I think is a software issue.

jeverts

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Well, I got my phone back with absolutely nothing indicating what, if anything, was done to my phone. I assume a tech basically flashed it back to stock then ran some sort of test on it, it passed, and they sent it back. Anyway, I don't notice any change in outgoing bluetooth headset voice quality. It is still far worse than both my old Droid MAXX and my wife's iPhone 5S.

Knowing almost nothing about smart phone hardware and software, I'm reasonably sure this is a software issue. I've now installed several ROMS on this phone for comparison and for no reasons I can find, some have far better voice quality than others. There are varying degrees in quality among the Sense based ROMs (CleanROM seems the best so far), the AOSP/AOKP ROMs are a bit better and not quite as varied, and Cyanogen seems the best. I would use CM but have really come to like many of the Sense features. Not sure yet if I will go back to HTC to start the cycle again. I somehow doubt I would be able to convince the company of what I think is a software issue.

Austin, I'm not sure I follow you with regards to ROM rankings? One seems the best, one is a bit better, and yet another seems the best? Please clarify...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12