09-08-2013 02:04 PM
35 12
tools
    I ordered a diztronic case because I know that the aluminum body can scratch and dent pretty easy. Has anyone that has had the phone for a while without a case had any issues?
    08-28-2013 06:04 AM
    If you care about how your phone looks and want some insurance to protect it then yes, I would recommend a case. Kinda like full-coverage car insurance for a new car. Optional but smart. Life happens.

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE
    08-28-2013 06:15 AM
    Very true. I overnighted the diztronic because I don't want to have any accidents while I wait for ground shipping
    08-28-2013 06:40 AM
    That's what I'd have done too.

08-28-2013 06:57 AM
    I beg to differ on the dent and scratch easy. I've had a Sprint HTC One and now a T-Mobile HTC One and they both had no issues. My T-Mobile one still looks brand new and I run naked.

The only time I'd think it would "scratch easy" is if you have 20 keys in your pocket and for some reason put the phone in that pocket. Any phone would be liable then.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    Topgonzo and ffejjj like this.
    08-28-2013 07:21 AM
    I just know that my iPhone 5 was dented when I got it and the back easily scratched. I am not as worried about scratches but this phone doesn't have much grip and I don't want to drop and dent it.
    monsieurms and freakshow999 like this.
    08-28-2013 07:41 AM
    So amazon's express delivery kinda sucks. It's 7:50 and the expected delivery date is still today. So I called up the courier and they say they got the package too late and that it will be delivered tomorrow. Wish they could keep their system updated. Called amazon and got a refund on the shipping costs. Really didn't wanna have the phone for too long without a case.
    08-28-2013 07:51 PM
    I run naked and have for a month.. Not any scratches or dents. This phone is very durable. Way to sexy to cover up.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    ffejjj and BygSii like this.
    08-28-2013 07:55 PM
    ...Called amazon and got a refund on the shipping costs. Really didn't wanna have the phone for too long without a case.
    That's cool that they refunded your shipping costs

johnnyshinta likes this.
    08-28-2013 08:09 PM
    I run naked and have for a month.. Not any scratches or dents. This phone is very durable. Way to sexy to cover up.

Ohhkkayy. I hope it still is in brand-new condition in a year or two. You'll have to forgive me, I don't subscribe to the sexy-phone theory but I understand that others do.

08-28-2013 08:13 PM
    It's a matter of personal preference. I always use the thinner cases I can find that looks good so the One is not overshadowed by a poor quality case. My only concern is back scratching.

I have always took good care of my phones but I like to not worry about getting the One out of my pocket and looking where I'm putting it, on tables, concrete, floors, etc.

My main case is an Incipio Feather and I have a UAG Rust case but those times I'm going outdoors, fishing or working in risky places.
    08-28-2013 08:56 PM
    I have an incipio dual pro shine and an Itskinz titanium case, Both were expensive but they are both good looking cases that offer decent protection, the Itskins is prob my fav of the two and is a little less bulky then the incipio HOWEVER i keep ending up taking them off and going naked, Its not about looks forme but the feel of the phone in hand with a case just isnt the same, it feels just sexual naked!! Unfortunetly i have dropped it once or twice while naked and it does have 2 r 3 small dents around the edges, nothing major but you can see them noticeably upon close inspection but yet here i am again goin naked after having my Itskinz on the past two weeks!! Its kinda like sex, you know you should wear protection but it just feels so much better without lol
    08-28-2013 09:28 PM
    I like a good looking phone as much as anyone but I have this strange thing about wanting to keep my stuff looking brand new and having the peace of mind that they're protected. I use Otterbox Defenders for now even though they're not pretty. I guess this is one reason Samsung's use of plastic has been forgiven by me.

08-28-2013 09:36 PM
    I got a big dent on the back of my ONE because I didn't put on a case

Posted via Android Central App
    johnnyshinta likes this.
    08-28-2013 09:42 PM

I had an Element Eclipse and the opening for the USB port was bigger than necessary and somehow I got the smallest of knicks on the edge. Noone would even notice it but me but I was not happy. Promptly put my On back on.
    08-28-2013 09:51 PM
    I love my Diztronic case. It's as slim as you can get with having a good amount of protection. The nice thing about TPU cases is how quickly they can be removed. On some occasions I feel like going naked and it's simple.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    johnnyshinta likes this.
    08-28-2013 10:49 PM
    Nothing to worry about, it gives the phone some character! Or at least that's what I tried to tell myself when my new car got its first ding, and same for the first scratch on my Colnago racing bike a few years ago.

But... you can't use either of those things if they're "encased" in something; have to take the chance. Not so with a phone, so, just got my HTC One a couple of days ago and I'm trying to decide what case to get.
    08-28-2013 11:06 PM
    So they delivered it at 10:45 last night. My dogs went crazy. I'm glad they got it there but damn that was annoying.
    08-29-2013 05:35 AM
    Yea.

08-29-2013 06:18 AM
    So I've had the case on since this morning. It is less slippery. I notice that pocket lint is getting built up around the edge of the raised lip on the case. Tough call.
    08-29-2013 07:08 PM
    Do you? We don't know if you need one. I don't. I bought 3 different ones and sold them all and go naked now.

08-29-2013 07:44 PM
    So far the only downside to having a case on it is the dust build up around the edge.
    08-30-2013 06:53 AM
    So far the only downside to having a case on it is the dust build up around the edge.
    I haven't run into that.

08-30-2013 06:57 AM
    I haven't run into that.

Do you keep the phone in your pocket?

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    08-30-2013 08:20 AM
    I just got an HTC One in black and I used special gloves to take it out it's box and as soon as I start examining it with my flash light I see some tiny circular scratches on the right & left sides that look like some debris, they can't come off that's what I hate about HTC phones they're fragil to scratches.

08-30-2013 10:37 AM
35 12