Easier way to reinstall apps after factory reset? Instead of going to play store?

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys I have an issue with my HTC One and going to try a factory reset. My question is, before I do it is, is there a way too keep my apps so I don't have to go back to Google Play Store and install them one by one again. I never tried that. I have an HTC account but for some reason I can't get the sync to turn on . I have a Google account too!

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am assuming that you don't have root. If you have a pc, you can use Helium to backup app and app data without root. I would suggest that you backup to the pc or cloud.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I am assuming that you don't have root. If you have a pc, you can use Helium to backup app and app data without root. I would suggest that you backup to the pc or cloud.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

No root here.. Wish there was a way just to set it up and turn phone on and just click back up and they reappear without downloading.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

whoahbro

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't know why HTC wouldn't sync but read someone say it would backup you app data- does anyone know if this is correct?

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Davethebrewer

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
The last time I did a reset (on my EVO 3D) I thought that all the apps from the Google backup just downloaded automatically. It took some time over WiFi, but it was both purchased and free apps. I think Google recognizes when it is the exact same phone so you just need to give it some time to download. Apps did not automatically download when I switched to a new phone. I had to go through the list of My Apps and select one by one.

That said, I would still make sure you have at least some secondary backup copied to your PC or Dropbox, etc. for fallback like Helium or App List Backup. Also check to make sure you have your phone set to backup to Google (or you could use the new HTC Backup) and that the backup has completed ["Settings - Backup and reset" on my Sprint HTC One].

Last edited:

freakshow999

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Ya witg app backup, an otg cable, and a flash drive you can back them up outboard and then only have to reinstall app backup to get them back.

I already have the otg cable from use with my Nexus 7...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante