Status
Not open for further replies.

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
This isn't trolling and I like my S4. The One is good hardware but the points I've made are meaningful to me. I still want to know why I'm the only one noting this. ....but that doesn't make my inquiry trolling. Perhaps you can elaborate based on the above posts?

Sent from my humble S4

It is a design choice to help with reception. It is still a unibody design. That's all there is to it...

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I still want to know why I'm the only one noting this. ....but that doesn't make my inquiry trolling. Perhaps you can elaborate based on the above posts?

Sent from my humble S4

Trust me your not the only one making note of this. It's just that it's been discussed in length during the original launch. (Not to discredit your concerns).

I have the phone and have no gapping. I'm super happy with it months later

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I think the one is just as well built as an iPhone. If you want to split hairs and say it is not 100 percent metal because of the plastic power button or the white bezel area then that's fine. It's a fantastic phone and I'd hate to see you miss out on experiencing the on just because of materials.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

HenryWiygul

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
The phone's body itself is made out of one piece of metal. However, HTC created groves in the side of the phone and filed it with the white plastic along with the two slivers on the back. The phone is still all metal, but parts are covered in a layer of plastic for antennas, reception, and other reasons. So referring to it as an all metal phone is still 100% correct. Just to clear this whole mess up

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
It is a design choice to help with reception. It is still a unibody design. That's all there is to it...

Trust me your not the only one making note of this. It's just that it's been discussed in length during the original launch. (Not to discredit your concerns).

I have the phone and have no gapping. I'm super happy with it months later

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Thanks. I understand that now...it's to help with reception. I'm curious to see if I prefer it over my S4. See if the screen looks a lot better (reviews say the screen is great, I wanna see for myself). I may go ahead and "rent" one tomorrow.

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE

kanucme

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Funny thing is when I read reviews of the phone they said the white strips are indeed metal. I didn't care either way. Phone is nice, no gaps, still sexy (even in tpu case) and have had it since May. No complaints

sent from my HTC One

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The phone's body itself is made out of one piece of metal. However, HTC created groves in the side of the phone and filed it with the white plastic along with the two slivers on the back. The phone is still all metal, but parts are covered in a layer of plastic for antennas, reception, and other reasons. So referring to it as an all metal phone is still 100% correct. Just to clear this whole mess up

Posted via Android Central App

This. The white is for the Antennas.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Its a 100% aluminum uni-body construction. Meaning the body of the phone is made out of one piece of solid metal. It's filled with a plastic polymer on the areas that house antennas. Technically the body is all metal construction. What the inners all filed with is a different story. I dont believe it has ever been false advertised or considered deceiving.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I understand that now...it's to help with reception. I'm curious to see if I prefer it over my S4. See if the screen looks a lot better (reviews say the screen is great, I wanna see for myself). I may go ahead and "rent" one tomorrow.

I had the S4 for a while and I think the screen on the htc is a lot better. More natural colors and not saturated colors and very bright.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I had the S4 for a while and I think the screen on the htc is a lot better. More natural colors and not saturated colors and very bright.

Kinda like the iPhones's but bigger?

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I see now that the one is available on Verizon, all the Samsung employees are up to their old tricks!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Kinda like the iPhones's but bigger?

Exactly. I compared it to my wife's iPhone 5. Bigger screen and actually quite a bit brighter. I really like the iPhones retina display and I was amazed how the htc screen compared and was even better in my opinion. Also has over 130 ppi more than a iPhone.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Sweet. I notice the S4's screen has a slight green-seeming tint. It's not too bad but I notice it.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Please.... sure ill elaborate-

A... you start a thread to complain about things that have been complained about over and over and play dumb that you never new(and I know your not dumb)

B... you own a phone thats made of cheap plastic yet complain about a tini strip of plastic on the HTC ONE-.....

it's a troll post and im shocked that you'd stoop to such a level..

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I get the confusion, but yeah it's assumed to be an effort to combat the antennae-gate issue from previous metal devices. I've played with a couple Ones and I really do like the way they look, but not so much the way they feel. They felt cold which made my hands feel clammy sliding across the screen. Gorgeous screen. The buttons confuse me. I'm not sure where they're trying to go with that strategy. I'd love to hear how you enjoy your test drive.

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
This isn't trolling and I like my S4. The One is good hardware but the points I've made are meaningful to me. I still want to know why I'm the only one noting this. ....but that doesn't make my inquiry trolling. Perhaps you can elaborate based on the above posts?

Sent from my humble S4

Busted! Lol. Seriously, just youtube the construction of the One. It's aluminum unibody. Just like your Porsche. Except it has other functional materials - your Porsche has leather seats and rubber tires. The One has plastic for the antennas.

And what do you mean by "renting". You were going to play with the phone for two weeks and return it? Just to try it out? That's ****ty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay