Replacement HTC One screen flickers! All power settings and auto brightness are off!

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Just got my HTC One replacement phone a few days ago.. But I've noticed one thing and found a bunch on this topic. I have battery saver and auto brightness turned off. Anytime I have the brightness set below 40% on a white screen the display flickers. I compared this to my original which I still have and it does not do it at all. I've heard some say it's normal. But my first one does not do it. Any advice? Keep it or return?

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Return it, in my opinion! I believe that the issue you're experiencing with the replacement, is just a prelude to more serious issues with your screen.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Return it, in my opinion! I believe that the issue you're experiencing with the replacement, is just a prelude to more serious issues with your screen.

I know! But this replacement is working much better then my original. The screen has only flickered a few times. I noticed if the brightness is above 50% it will not do it. Not sure what to do!

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I know! But this replacement is working much better then my original. The screen has only flickered a few times. I noticed if the brightness is above 50% it will not do it. Not sure what to do!

Anybody else have this when brightness set too low? It hasn't done it since I fully charged it on Saturday.