Problem: HTC One and Cassette Tape seem incompatible

marimba96

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, I got my HTC One about a week ago, and so far I love it! Here's the only problem I've encountered:

I have a cassette tape adapter in my car (very basic, plug the headphone jack into your phone/ mp3, put the cassette tape into your cassette player, so your phone/ mp3 can play through your cassette player). It has worked with my past phone, the HTC Evo 4G LTE. However when I plug my One into the adapter, the music player on the One will keep skipping to the next track until I unplug the phone from the adapter. Has anyone else had this problem? Any way to fix it?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, get a better adapter. Those cassette adapters are THE WORST for keeping stray currents and weird voltage variations from your car stereo shielded from the device you're plugging it to. They were not designed to do that, after all.

Now, your phone can also do a lot of stuff via the headphone jack, not just output music: It can take command inputs (usually from a headset) and audio. Your car stereo is usually the worst-grounded piece of equipment in your car, so it's bound to have stray currents whenever something else happens in your vehicle. Take starting up, for instance; when you have an AUX line connected, you'll hear some noise when firing up the engine. Most cell phones getting or making calls will induce some line noise as well, and turning the lights on and of in your car will also cause interference.

These weird signals can trigger stuff in your phone, like skipping tracks or pausing or turning volume up and down "on its own".

Last edited:

ilove2p

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
i just bought the htc one m8 and its very upsetting that it dosnt work well with casset adapters, the sound quiality is horrible in the car, i have the Monster brand its suppose to be one of the best. does anyone have an HTC one M8 with a Working casset adapter good quality? if so which brand?

ilove2p

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
The Bluetooth cassette adapter works! Now it's time to save some money and invest in putting an aux input so I get the richest sound quality

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz