HTC Continues Financial Free fall

David_LFC

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Less likely to invest in newer models [and cut corners]
Reduce software updates [android and sense]
Already make diabolical aftercare and warranty 'repairs' worse

Other than that yep who cares what a faceless corporation whose only objective is to take our money makes.... Same as I don't care if apple make a quadrillion pounds a day.....

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I hate this article because they word this in such a way like they predicted this and nobody else did. Of course the HTC One phone sales are going to be much less 4-5 months on the product release versus the initial. All smartphones go through this.

This goes to show that making a good product isn't enough without a major ad campaign. And sadly this Robert Downey Jr. one sucks.

The issue was other decisions and factors that involve the company put them in a bad position(i.e. HTC First, bad product support reputation, poor ceo decisions).

You may not like the commercials with Robert Downy Jr, but they brought alone with him a lot of free marketing and press.
When they signed him that news wasn't just plastered on tech websites, it put HTC's name on entertainment and regular news broadcasts. They probably got back everything they paid him in the countless free press they got because his name was attached to this.
My wife was watching Entertainment Tonight and they spent a minute discussing this. One minute of free airtime on a nationally syndicated show that targets women from the demographic of 24-49 that have purchasing power.
But a lot of people do not think in those terms, nor see that bigger picture at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams