HTC One IR Range

Tessmarin

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I just got my phone yesterday. I was able to setup my TV, DirectTV and Surround Sound but if I get more than six feet away it works intermittently or not at all. Wondering if this phone may be defective on the IR range. Any input would be appreciated.

Posted via Android Central App

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I can get 12 to 15 feet on mine. However the guarantee isn't so great the longer I go that the commands will take and I have to ensure its really lined up with the TV infrared receiver. Make sure that I is clean on both ends. Either way it's a neat feature but the If just won't be as strong as a standard remote.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I can get 12 to 15 feet on mine. However the guarantee isn't so great the longer I go that the commands will take and I have to ensure it's really lined up with the TV infrared receiver. Make sure that IR is clean on both ends. Either way it's a neat feature but the IR just won't be as strong as a standard remote.

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Mine is very strong. I have used it from as far as 20' without any inconvenience, and when used from less than 6-8' I don't even have to point directly to the device, just in the general area.

Posted via Android Central App

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I wonder how mine will work out of the case. I will try later. I have mine in a mophie juice pack so I will try with it out and see.

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Wow, excellent out of the case. Hey OP, what if you remove it from your case? Mine gets double the range!

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
The cases don't impede the IR, there's a cut out for it.

Sent from my One

Look, I own a one. I realize that most of them do, not all. Like I already mentioned, I have a mophie juice pack. There's an extender for it made of the same material that covers it. My case doesn't have a cut out. In my case, it impedes it. That's why I offered what I offered.

jeverts

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Look, I own a one. I realize that most of them do, not all. Like I already mentioned, I have a mophie juice pack. There's an extender for it made of the same material that covers it. My case doesn't have a cut out. In my case, it impedes it. That's why I offered what I offered.

OK, I believe you. I have 3 different cases and all are cut out, and so, I assumed all were cut out. I know I wouldn't want one without a cut out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
OK, I believe you. I have 3 different cases and all are cut out, and so, I assumed all were cut out. I know I wouldn't want one without a cut out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Ok, I am sorry. I need coffee. Yeah the case is good cuz I get that extra battery life and my TV always responds to it since I'm always close enough to it so it always works for me when I need it to. But the extra plastic makes a difference in the range. I suppose I gotta do the candy shell from HTC if I want stellar range!

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
OP, don't even sweat it. Just ask Gator352 to turn it on for you and it shouldn't be a problem with that distance ;)