The title sort of explains it.
    I like the HTC One, but I don't know if I should get the GPe (which I've never seen) or the AT&T one with the Sense skin and all.
    From the zillions of post that I've waded through here, it appears that even with the AT&T one I could install the GPe rom.
    So I guess one question would be would that make the phone exactly like the GPe phone ?
    Another question, with either the GPe phone or the AT&T phone with the GPe rom, would I loose any real functionality ?
    Is all the camera modes, etc. in the GPe edition (or rom'd AT&T phone) as with the phone with Sense ?
    Also, I've seen on a few threads about "de-sensing" a phone with Sense, but I really haven't followed or looked too closely
    at that. I assume it removes the Sense skin, correct ?
    So I guess I'm asking, what's the difference, if any, between the two phones.
    Price wise, for me, they are about the same.
    Would the AT&T phone with the GPe rom get the updates directly from Google, like the GPe phone does ?
    AT&T is known for being slow about pushing out updates.

Thanks for any help,
    Fred
    09-07-2013 12:02 PM
    HTC One Google Play Edition vs HTC One

With the GPe you get a stock android experience with some minor tweaking by hTc for things like Beats Audio. You lose blinkfeed, zoe's, and most customizations notably, sense. You are also supposed to get faster updates but the GPe, for now, is going to 4.2.2. These GPe editions are still under the scrutiny of the carrier as to when and how they get updated

The carrier versions includes all hTc functionality and customizations like Sense, blinkfeed, zoe's, and etc. and these are supposed to be updated, according to hTc, to 4.3 this month...but I'll believe it when I see it...

They are both the same phone spec, color, and build wise and yes!!!! the GSM versions of the One (AT&T, T-mo) can be converted to the GPe after rooting and rom-ing.
    09-07-2013 03:10 PM
    The carriers have no control over GPe updates. My GPe got the 4.3 update roughly 2 weeks after 4.3 was released. You will lose the all the custom Sense features like blinkfeed and zoe, but you get rid of all the carrier bloatware too.
    09-09-2013 05:27 AM
    Go with the Sense version. You can sideload the stock camera app so you can have photospheres, but you can't get zoes and highlights on the GPe version.

Plus, Sense 5 is snappy!

Posted via Android Central App
    09-09-2013 07:36 PM